Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 11:21 AM CST
Sorry for the cheesy title. I drew Gyfford... and was told I should post it here... so um... 6.6;;;

right...

If you dare...
http://fullmetalkittn.deviantart.com/art/Bromide-Lite-Gyfford-Theren-113102088

Idly, I do take requests if you're patient and not too picky. God Bless artistic "liberties".

More examples of my stuff~
Excetera: http://fullmetalkittn.deviantart.com/art/I-can-has-cupcakes-111102176
Morkim: http://fullmetalkittn.deviantart.com/art/A-Good-Guy-112625117

Chibis: http://fullmetalkittn.deviantart.com/art/Q-Made-Me-Do-It-111881888
(Um... sorry Quarel ^^;;)

I don't do commissions because I can't promise a time frame. Could take me days, could take me months to get around to it. Lack of focus... easily distracted... and so on and so forth.

If you're interested, IM me - Fullmetalkittn
Or send a note on DeviantArt if you have an account there.
I dunno how many I'll take before I close the Request line though.

~Ex
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 11:49 AM CST
Good stuff.
Id be interested to see what you might come up with for Alexii.
Sending IM now.

~
It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.
-Fred Woodworth
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 11:52 AM CST
This is now how I ever wanted to picture the Baron. My eyes are bleeding and I need to vomit.

Inauri
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 01:14 PM CST
Annael looks a lot like Demi Moore...cool.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 05:00 PM CST
...why is the Baron posing like a 20 year old WB star...

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 07:28 PM CST
>>This is now how I ever wanted to picture the Baron. My eyes are bleeding and I need to vomit.<<
Guess you shouldn't have dared. Sorry :( I didn't think it was that bad...

>>...why is the Baron posing like a 20 year old WB star...<<
Why did I even bother posting it... -.-

Well regardless of these -lovely- comments... I have more requests than I thought I'd get and I'm not sure how long it will take to get around to them so I'm closing requests for now. If my stuff didn't make you puke or remind you of 80s television, and you still want a picture, email or im.. will let you know when/if I reopen requests.

>>Alexii<<
I will keep a slot open for you if you still want it.

~Ex
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 07:37 PM CST
Yeah...

- Simon
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/16/2009 07:43 PM CST
I liked em.

>>This is now how I ever wanted to picture the Baron. My eyes are bleeding and I need to vomit.

Oh then by all means... Please show us what you think the baron should look like.

Not everyone has artistic talent and this was her idea of what Gyfford looks like.

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
-Thucydides

http://RissanMerchant.homelinux.net:8888
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/26/2009 10:27 AM CST
I really like your style too. While this is not exactly what I would picture Gyfford to look like either, I think the piece in itself is very well done. I really like your work. If I didn't have an already amazing portrait of my character (<3 Tabby), I would definitly be sending a request.

How would you feel about doing God Art (specifically Albreda, Harawep or Murualla) or doing art of Famous people in DR history?

I would really love to see a portrait done of Albreda and can provide you many different variations of how she is viewed if you would be willing. Thanks in advance! (Or if you have a God preference, that could be cool too as long as it's not one of the lame ones that everyone follows or ones that are already on the DR website (except maybe Eluned, she is hideous)

~ Terra
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 02/26/2009 10:45 AM CST
Sorry for the double post.

>>This is now how I ever wanted to picture the Baron. My eyes are bleeding and I need to vomit.<<

That's the lovely thing about text. Assuming on our limited interaction that you are a competent and reasonable human being (which I believe could be correct), I think you could forget you ever saw it and continue to picture the Baron however you see fit.

Portraits don't always portray what our mind's eye does, which is also a major component in why books are 99% of the time better than movies. I mean, who would have thought Eluned would look so hideous? Of course, this is just my opinion as was yours about the bleeding eyes, however extreme it may have been.

Anyway, good work new DR artist. Look forward to seeing some more of your interpretations of how some of the people in DR look. It was great to browse through these.

~ Terra
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 03/17/2009 02:49 AM CDT
:3 Sorry for the way late response. I don't generally browse this folder much. Actually, never even thought of doing the deities. It's a cool idea, especially with their aspects. I might toy around with it once I get the current batch of requests done.

Eventually~

Thanks for the compliments, Terra. And generally, my fanart stuff (which I'd sorta count the Gyfford picture to be considering the erm... artistic liberties... I took~) is of a taste. Some people can't get past the poses or subject matter to comment on the style or quality itself. ^^;

~Ex & Mihli
--
"Don't worry, the worst that could happen is we all die." -- Jade Curtiss
http://fullmetalkittn.deviantart.com
Character Sketches by request~
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 03/17/2009 10:24 AM CDT
Excellent! If you do decide to do Gods, I would love to put in a request for Albreda and Harawep. Harawep, is of course, the hag who moves quicker than the eye can see, hunch backed with twin blades and a love of the black widow spider. Often times she is depicted as a S'kra. But not always.

And here's what I have on Albreda, the peace-keeper and cementer of alliances.

>l albreda icon
An elderly and handsome woman with silvered hair and wearing black robes reclines against a pillar. About her feet are strewn the tools of war, and the skeletons of victor and defeated, alike.

(I modeled my dedication amulet after this, so it's not that different, just a more tender side I think)
You tap a modest silver amulet symbolizing dedication to Albreda that you are wearing.
>l am
Etched onto one side of the medallion is the image of a regal woman clad in flowing robes solemnly walking barefoot through a war-torn battlefield. Amethyst tears streak down her face as she gazes down at the broken weapons strewn around her. On the other side of the medallion is the image of a bloated black widow spider crawling on a meticulous web.

I would even commission you to do these, when you are done with your current work of course.

~ Terra
Re: Thine Baron Awaits 03/17/2009 08:35 PM CDT
Have to add, not quite how I pictured the baron (that's the beauty of text) BUT, that is VERY impressive work :)

I'd love to see more. (also, I don't have a whit of talent for drawing.. if you know Ed Emberly's books, thats as advanced as I get).

~Kraggur