Webcomic Artist Sought 04/24/2002 07:33 PM CDT
Greetings.

I'm a big fan of webcomics. They are comics that run on a fairly regular basis but are shown online. I am looking for artist or artists capable of creating such works. Primarily I'm looking for two artistic styles. If one artist can fill in both gaps, so much the better, however I'm looking

The first needs to be capable of high quality and definition artwork, similar in style to an actual comic book. Coloring of comics isn't neccassary but a plus. For an example of the quality of artwork sought I'd suggest. www.lovaria.com

The storyline of this comic will be 5 characters based in Elanthia, and their adventures. Scripts and storylines are already created and simply need an artist to make them real. It is going to be a dramatic and continual work, with little in the way of comedy for it's own sake.

The second is more of a traditional comic, used for humor. Examples for this would be www.pvponline.com or www.sluggy.com.

This comic won't have a storyline per se, but will have reoccuring characters that show off some of the funnier things in DR. For instance one of the running gags/skits will be a reporter who interveiws GM's and well known players for comedic results.

I'm looking for these artists to be able to regularly contribute to a site where the comics will be displayed. 2-3 comics would need to be created each week by the artist. Hopefully once the site gets started donations will be able to allow the artists to be compensated. More information about that to be provided once accepted as an artist for this project.

If you feel you can fit one or both of these niches, please e-mail me at hegedr@aol.com. Put something about artist or comic in the title so I don't lose it in the junkmail. I can also be contacted at hegedr on AIM. I expect this to be a ton of fun, as I'm already enjoying writing the scripts for these comics. I'd just love to see them actually created.

Thanks.

Geoffrey, player of Hegemonic