Oklahoma area 01/14/2008 09:33 PM CST
Anyone in the southwestern part of Oklahoma to northern Texas (Witchita Falls) area?

Deretis
Re: Oklahoma area 01/15/2008 12:21 AM CST
There is a pretty good group of us in North Texas, we meet 2-3 times a year. Several people from the general area - Souther Missouri on down, all get together for the Renniasance festivals, one in the spring, and one in the fall. Next planned gathering, I believe, is Mothers day weekend in May. We get a block of rooms at a nearby hotel for this one and generally have a great time! The Ren faire in the fall is a camping event. Keep an eye out here for more information!

GameMaster Audacia

A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity.
Re: Oklahoma area 01/15/2008 01:30 AM CST
Now that sounds interesting. Though I probably wouldn't get dressed up, it gives me a good excuse to make a bike ride.

Only reason I wouldn't dress up is that I don't think I'd ever be able to do what I want justice. Plus it costs. Well what I would want to do costs.

Deretis
Re: Oklahoma area 01/15/2008 10:52 AM CST
There's also a great 3-day faire in Norman, Oklahoma April 4, 5, 6. I haven't done this one before but plan to be there this year- look for me with the cool people selling soda in blue bottles. :D

~Leah
Re: Oklahoma area 02/11/2008 03:30 PM CST
Yup. I'm originally from Wichita Falls and go to school at UNT in Denton now. I go home like once a month though.

Clayton
(Draconie)
Re: Oklahoma area 02/12/2008 07:34 AM CST
Hrm...TAMS?

-GM Obseden
{TAMS Graduate, Class of 2000}
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Oklahoma area 02/17/2008 07:29 AM CST
>>Yup. I'm originally from Wichita Falls and go to school at UNT in Denton now. I go home like once a month though.

I'm about 20-25 minutes south of Denton. That's usually where I go when I go out.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Oklahoma area 02/18/2008 07:46 AM CST
I used to live in Irving for 4 years, and then I moved to Denton. After about a year living there, I migrated back to Florida where 80+% of my family is.

-Master Ndin

Honestly, if there's any fear of smithing competition, it should be from nutzo warrior mages like Ndin who train every weapon and put in impressive hours in the forge. -Aveda
Re: Oklahoma area 02/18/2008 04:15 PM CST
Haha Its taking me five years just to get a bachelors, I think TAMS would have kicked me out the first semester. There are some smart kids in that program. Did you go to UNT Obseden?

-Draconie

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." Mark Twain
Re: Oklahoma area 02/18/2008 04:27 PM CST
>>I'm about 20-25 minutes south of Denton. That's usually where I go when I go out.

What? There are some DR players that go outside? We should definitely hit up the bar or something sometime.

-Drac
Re: Oklahoma area 02/18/2008 08:50 PM CST
TAMS Class of 2000, then I went to UT-Austin to complete my two Bachelor's degrees.

UNT is a nice campus, not as packed as UT, but everything's still pretty close. Though, making that trip to Kerr on a Saturday morning from McConnell was a big factor in canceling my 7-day meal plan the second year.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Oklahoma area 02/22/2008 04:32 PM CST
Luckily I never had to live on campus, but I know exactly what you are talking about.