Hello Texanians! 09/14/2006 07:00 PM CDT
Heya :) Just thought I'd check out how ya'll doing.. I may be moving to Texas next summer if I get accepted into one of the police departments I'm applying for. So.. no question or anything just wanted to say hi. Less ya'll got any tips on moving to Texas or anything.. or if ya in law enforcement around there and give me some tips on applying (going right from college so no prior experience). :)

It's in the Bag! catalog available at: http://ellusionz.cjb.cc

Youth and Beauty are my only defense... too young to know better, too cute to kill.
Re: Hello Texanians! 09/14/2006 07:03 PM CDT
Well, unless you're being cute, drop the "ian" -- it's "Texans" :)

Hrm, get AC: in your hourse, in your car, for your dog, etc...

Prepare to sweat, a lot...or freeze, or both in the same day :) If you don't like Texas weather, wait a minute, it'll change.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Hello Texanians! 09/15/2006 08:57 AM CDT
I moved to Houston expressly to join the HPD after I finished my degree and left the service. Took the test and all that. Then they told me the pay scale. After I got done laughing I withdrew from consideration and got into the oil and gas field.

Think Austin, San Antonio or State Police. Our police chief down here is loopy. He's instituted a "no chase" policy for the department. Our new city motto is "Come to Houston, rob a bank and get away scot-free!"

Obseden beat me to the Texanian thing.

Peace.

DT
Re: Hello Texanians! 09/15/2006 11:43 AM CDT
Heheh. Well because of a slight tarnish in my past I'm going to apply at multiple agencies in hopes I get into one. I also have to get my physical fitness up to the testing standards. Then I just found out my uncorrected vision is 20/400 so... checking into lasik now. And yes I was being cute with the +ians :) I'm from florida now, I love the heat. And since it'll be my first real paying job (not $7-8/hr kind) I don't mind anything between $30-40k, especially since everythings so much less expensive there. Florida homes are like $200k, even the trashy ones.

Youth and Beauty are my only defense... too young to know better, too cute to kill.
Re: Hello Texanians! 09/15/2006 12:27 PM CDT
Ellusionz,

Have you researched the Harris County Constables? Not real sure on their criteria, but I do personally know one that was accepted with a dope selling bust on his record. Small potatoes, high school kinda thing. Another option at least.

Peace.

DT
Re: Hello Texanians! 09/16/2006 10:55 PM CDT
Thanks I checked em out but you have to be certified already. Definately trying to get into one that trains you, since there is a large selection of them I don't think I'm being that picky :)