Scarborough Ren Faire gathering 04/20/2006 09:06 PM CDT
OK, I finally got some work done on this and have some details for you all!

Date: May 20-21, 2006

Where: Waxahachie Texas. Scarborough Faire ( www.scarboroughrenfest.com )

Time: All Day 20th (gates open at 10 am), Dinner, stay nearby in Hotel for those interested, Breakfast 21st, All Day at Ren Fest.

Reason: Crazy funness that only DR players and their GMs can have!

Who: Anyone I can finagle into going! Decent "for sure" list already, lots of "Maybes"

I need confirmations!!

I have Hotel reservations for several rooms reserved under my name on my credit card for Saturday night, May 20. What I need is folks to tell me either here on the boards, IM or email at Solstitia@aol.com , if they are planning to come and whether or not they need a room.

I will give you my phone number, and specific meeting times so we can be sure to hook up. The rooms are $55/night for a double occupancy room. There is continental breakfast, Internet, cable, and a pool at the hotel.

The Ren Faire prices are $19.99 per person at the gate. Lots of us wear costumes, lots of us don't so whatever makes you happiest!

Any other questions, IM me at Solstitia.

Hope to see you there!

Solstitia from DR-Plat

Pedrig asks Seteria, "Don't I recall the Prince declaring puns a capital offense?"
Re: Scarborough Ren Faire gathering 04/20/2006 09:49 PM CDT
The hubby, kidlet and I will be there, of course. Heck, we'll be there most Saturdays anyhow.

We obviously don't need lodging. ;) I'd offer our futon to someone, but it's in the kidlet's room, so dealing with the diaper pail and a sleeping toddler might be more than what folks want, you know? ::g::

-Vaeldriil

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay
Re: Scarborough Ren Faire gathering 04/20/2006 10:12 PM CDT
Assuming I haven't moved anywhere by then and don't get called into work, I'm hoping to be there.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Scarborough Ren Faire gathering 04/24/2006 01:38 PM CDT
Oh and Vaeldriil and Obseden, in case I don't get to talk to you beforehand, definitely plan on meeting just inside the gates at 10 am!! if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll give you my number and we'll work with ya! I'll post a reminder on this board just in case.

Can't wait!!

Solstitia from DR-Plat

Pedrig asks Seteria, "Don't I recall the Prince declaring puns a capital offense?"
Re: Scarborough Ren Faire gathering 04/24/2006 01:46 PM CDT
I always thought there were very few Texans. Seems like most everyone I meet is from the New England area.

Guess not.

I'm right outside of Ft. Worth at the moment. Sorta over near Keller if you know where that is.
Re: Scarborough Ren Faire gathering 04/25/2006 12:56 PM CDT
I guess I'm technically in Texas (El Paso), but I'm closer to everywhere in New Mexico, Chihuahua and much of Colorado and Arizona than I am to you Dallas/Austin/Houston/San Antonio types. El Paso is definitely the city that Texas forgot.

And, there's a DR-Texas Yahoo list?
Re: Scarborough Ren Faire gathering 04/26/2006 01:00 PM CDT
>And, there's a DR-Texas Yahoo list?

Yeah, but its been dead lately. Heres the link:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DR_Texas

Not sure anyone active is on it anymore. We could rejuvenate it probably!

Last DR-Texas real gathering we had was at my house 2 years ago, and there was 16 people. This was when I played Prime, so those 16 were all prime players. I have 15 people confirmed for the Ren Faire as it is now, thats Plat people, GMs and Prime people. Since that "party", we've mostly just met up in smaller groups, for Ren Faires or whatever. There was a pretty good group at the TX Ren Fest in October last year, and am planning to do it again this year (October 15-16)

See? Lots of us!!

Solstitia from DR-Plat