Ed's oyster stuff 07/15/2006 08:19 AM CDT
Good one Kalira.

Now where is this Ed's place exactly? I couldn't find it on the internet. I will be taking 70 to Morehead city next weekend. How expensive is this oyster burger place? I like oysters. My son and I were planning on going to the Skipper's Cove seafood buffet. Been there?

Allarsk
Re: Ed's oyster stuff 07/15/2006 10:20 AM CDT
I'm not at all surprised you didn't find mention of Ed's. Like I said its a rundown looking shack right next to Carteret General Hospital, or at least it was the last time I went fishing in my old neighborhood. Its a drive up joint so park under the big live-oaks in the shade. Its cheep and greasy but there's nothing like it. Skipper's Grove does not ring a bell, but we used to drive out to Harker's Island for calabash style food. If you get a chance to drive into Beaufort, I've never had a bad meal at any of the restaurants on Front St. Save room for ice cream from the General Store for that old-school feel. And catch a fish for me will ya? :)

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>We are Rangers, all your releases are belong to us. ~ Sylvado
Re: Ed's oyster stuff 07/16/2006 08:58 AM CDT
Skipper's Cove is near the hotel I'm staying at...Hollowell's. And I will definitely look for Ed's. We only have 2 days down there as the primary purpose of the trip was to go deep sea fishing. I just didn't want to drive 4 hours each way on either end of the fishing trip. I hope to catch some snapper and sea bass, but I'll take anything edible!

I still think NC people should have a get together. I am in Siler City in a new house...albeit small. I do have a backyard and a nice front porch though.

Allarsk
Re: Ed's oyster stuff 07/16/2006 08:17 PM CDT
>>>>I still think NC people should have a get together. I am in Siler City in a new house...albeit small. I do have a backyard and a nice front porch though.<<<<

I'm scared to plan any get together,seemed everytime I tried to go to one of the other ones life decided to majorly get in the way. <shakes his fist> But I still wanna go to one and meet all you nuts!!!!

Will,the unstable mind behind-

Izzit
Master Tanner in Training

Asirin
Priest Of Meraud
---