argh snowstorm 12/09/2009 10:34 AM CST
MINNESOTA AFDSHJKSDFS

WHY DID I MOVE HERE :(

Rev. Reene

"I used to appreciate these stars just for their beautiful form, but now I can't help a twinge of feeling that it is uncannily like looking down the barrel of a rifle." - Peter Tuthill
Re: argh snowstorm 12/09/2009 03:42 PM CST
From what I understand it's hitting everywhere in the US.

Just no falling on the ice and slicing yourself open again, OK!?

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: argh snowstorm 12/09/2009 05:14 PM CST
Today I stepped off my bus onto what appeared to be solid white ground...

it wasn't.

I don't know how it snowed enough in one day to nearly reach my waist, but welp

Rev. Reene

"I used to appreciate these stars just for their beautiful form, but now I can't help a twinge of feeling that it is uncannily like looking down the barrel of a rifle." - Peter Tuthill
Re: argh snowstorm 12/09/2009 06:32 PM CST
<<I don't know how it snowed enough in one day to nearly reach my waist, but welp

Aren't snowdrifts fun?

There's this stretch of road by my house that runs along a field and no-one seems to claim responsibility for cleaning the sidewalk because its basically next to nothing. There's a chainlink fence that runs right beside the sidewalk the entire length of the block, and the way the wind blows it causes a massive drift to build up against the fence completely taking over the sidewalk. By the end of winter its usually at least chest high on me (6'4").

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: argh snowstorm 12/09/2009 07:14 PM CST
>>I don't know how it snowed enough in one day to nearly reach my waist, but welp

Stop being short, problem solved.

SEND[Bramoir] Okay, you are all set, just make sure you use your name for the powers of good okay?
Re: argh snowstorm 12/09/2009 07:17 PM CST
I'm 5'11. Bite me. :(

Rev. Reene

Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 12:09 AM CST
Bah, it's not bad, roads were decent this morning, it's not too cold. The wind sucks though, hopefully it'll die down. Hadn't seen anyone from MN before. I'm in Burnsville.

Player of Nithhogr, Riverhaven Empath
Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 12:42 AM CST
My bus actually got stuck in snow on the road this morning. I'm over in Maplewood and I go to school in Saint Paul.

There are a few of us in MN. :)

Rev. Reene

Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 12:42 AM CST
Durp just moongate there.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 04:42 AM CST
I'm jealous. I love snow. I love the cold. I want to be back in Minnesota. Cold noses, warm hearts!

21 days and counting...

Very Respectfully,

An Average JO
Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 10:32 AM CST
I'm more into surf boards than snow boards. I was visiting a client the last few days in Indianapolis, and I'm really glad I didn't get stuck(going down to a high of 19 there today). I don't know how you Mid Westerners stay so nice with this cold weather.

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 10:34 AM CST
<<I don't know how you Mid Westerners stay so nice with this cold weather.

When you're cooped up indoors for most of the winter, you have to be.

-Evran

Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 12:45 PM CST
>>(going down to a high of 19 there today)
Double digits = summer. 9 or below = winter. Sometimes, we have two seasons in one day.
Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 02:02 PM CST
>> I don't know how you Mid Westerners stay so nice with this cold weather.

....you think I'm nice?

Rev. Reene

Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 02:28 PM CST
Reene you haven't been there very long. :P

Give it time, you'll be all "Oh hey I got this new sword, it's a beauty don'tcha know?"

>>I'm constantly amazed by the things that people do in game that would get them punched in the face in RL, but then they try to claim that they didn't do anything that would warrent a PvP situation.<<
-Evran
Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 02:47 PM CST
I actually think people in Oregon are generally a lot nicer than most of the midwesterners I've met.

It could just be that I live in the cities + take the bus so I don't exactly see the shining examples of humanity here. I do see homeless people get in fist fights though.

Rev. Reene

Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 03:16 PM CST
<<....you think I'm nice?
Yes.

You offered to send me Christmas crumbs. <3

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 04:46 PM CST
>>I don't know how you Mid Westerners stay so nice with this cold weather.

We drink a lot.

Re: argh snowstorm 12/10/2009 05:44 PM CST
>....you think I'm nice?

You're lovey dovey.

~ Purehand

After a long deliberation, the judge finally says, "Purehand, this court finds you innocent of the charges brought upon you."
Re: argh snowstorm 12/12/2009 11:40 PM CST
>When you're cooped up indoors for most of the winter, you have to be.

Yeah, because nothing is more torturous to a DragonRealms player than being forced to stay inside all day!
Re: argh snowstorm 12/12/2009 11:41 PM CST
No time for the boards you.. get back to those drums!

-Master Ndin
Re: argh snowstorm 12/16/2009 01:36 PM CST
New England winters are worse. Cold and Wet Ice Storms YUCK!. At least in Minnesota the air stays dryer.

I lived in New England for most my childhood into my mid twenties. I've been in Minneapolis for 10 years now.
Re: argh snowstorm 12/16/2009 05:36 PM CST
<<New England winters are worse. Cold and Wet Ice Storms YUCK!. At least in Minnesota the air stays dryer.

Where I live was the second coldest place on the planet three days ago. -46.1C (-50.98F) was the ambient temperature. With windchill it was -58.4C (-73.12F). Even the Arctic was warmer and only one town in Siberia recorded lower temperatures. With temps like that, humidity is the last thing on anyone's mind. ;)

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2009/12/13/12141366.html

-Evran

Re: argh snowstorm 12/16/2009 10:30 PM CST
I was cold when it was 90 degrees warmer here. Why would you live there?
Re: argh snowstorm 12/17/2009 12:21 AM CST
>I was cold when it was 90 degrees warmer here. Why would you live there?

Seriously. I just moved from Georgia back to Rhode Island and I cannot fathom why my entire Mom's side of the family tolerates, much less lives in, New England.

~ Kougen

Moon Mages: Ripping reality a new one since 586 BL
Re: argh snowstorm 12/17/2009 12:31 AM CST
Yeah I'm glad it's not worse. Even being here is making me pine for the weather of the Pacific Northwest coast.

The dryness really sucks, honestly. I wake up with nosebleeds sometimes and my skin flakes if I don't use lotion. Guess I need to start putting carmex up my nose again...

Rev. Reene

Kaedan says, "Darling, I'm -fabulous-."
Re: argh snowstorm 12/17/2009 02:55 AM CST
<<I was cold when it was 90 degrees warmer here. Why would you live there?

I've always lived here. I'm just used to it, although that day was a bit extreme.

Also, on the flip side, temps in the mid to high 80's Farenheit are verging on too hot for me. Once it gets into the 90's and above I can't handle it. At least with cold weather, you can stay inside to avoid it. Even with air conditioning, hot weather stays hot. I doubt I could ever comfortably live anywhere in the Southern half of the United States.

-Evran

Re: argh snowstorm 12/17/2009 04:24 PM CST
Heh, sounds like your enjoying my weather....

Almost 60 here today, but less than 30 hours ago it was 7 degrees. And sapposed to be near mid to high 50's the next few days. Than got another arctic front coming in next week again, be back in the single digits. Which sucks.....

Its Oklahoman weather, give it 5 minutes, it'll change.

I swear thats the states motto. ::chortles::

~Dalkin and his driver Jim~
Re: argh snowstorm 12/17/2009 06:16 PM CST
2 words:

Ice fishing

Re: argh snowstorm 12/17/2009 07:07 PM CST
>Even with air conditioning, hot weather stays hot.

I'm not following you here.

But I have to point out that you don't have to choose between uncomfortably hot or uncomfortably cold weather. Gotta love the bay area.
Re: argh snowstorm 12/17/2009 11:35 PM CST
<<I'm not following you here.

I find air conditioning to be pitifully useless in really hot weather when compared to furnaces and really cold weather. For the most part it just makes a warm breeze, albeit a slightly cooler one, blow around the room. The exceptions of course are industrial strength air conditioners like they have in public buildings, but who has one of those at home?

And you can always put on more clothes if you're too cold, but you're limited in how much clothing you can take off if you're too hot.

-Evran

Re: argh snowstorm 12/20/2009 12:18 AM CST
I have two industrial carrier units in my house. Don't know why the previous owners installed them, but I love those big bastards.

I'm in the mid atlantic, but I did shovel about 40,000 pounds of snow off my roof tonight. These flat rooves were not built for 2-3 feet of snow.

~ Purehand