Chicago 05/14/2008 02:15 PM CDT
Anyone else in the area?

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
Badtooth slips an ice pick in his spidersilk garter, tightening the ribbons securely below his knee.
>gasp bad
You gasp at Badtooth!
>wave shade
You fan yourself.
Re: Chicago 05/14/2008 02:29 PM CDT
Rockford.

flip
Flip what?

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Chicago 05/14/2008 02:56 PM CDT
Naperville

Gniloi
Re: Chicago 05/14/2008 03:14 PM CDT
Yes and it's not Rockford (glances up at Kalira's post--Really? Ouch! My condolences.) but I do work there.

D
Re: Chicago 05/14/2008 03:41 PM CDT
Schaumburg.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"
Re: Chicago 05/14/2008 06:32 PM CDT
>>>>Yes and it's not Rockford (glances up at Kalira's post--Really? Ouch! My condolences.) but I do work there.<<<<<

Really. Not my first choice for a place to live, but the pros for being here outweigh the cons. I move here we set record snowfalls, have two minor earthquakes I actually felt (never felt one before), have a spring that sets record lows. Oh well, my choice. I did discover a love of gardening after moving here. I love spring when it's not snowing. ;)

Now back to gardening.

flip
Flip what?

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Chicago 05/15/2008 04:24 AM CDT
Dekalb.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Chicago 05/15/2008 07:04 AM CDT
Kalira the last 2 years in a row have been a good sized snowstorm on December 1st for the Rockford area. Had a son and a nephew move to Madison last year. They were 100+ while Rockford was just under 80. I live 15 miles downriver in Byron. There was more down here than in Rockford. Let's blame it on those twin towers I look out at every day. I would rather have the snow than 0 or below temps.

D
Re: Chicago 05/15/2008 08:11 AM CDT
Heh, after 30 years in Florida, 80 inches of snow is like living at the North Pole as far as I'm concerned.

flip
Flip what?

Re: Chicago 05/19/2008 07:59 PM CDT
Why would anyone in their right mind move from Florida to Chicago?

>I've always found it irritatingly interesting that so many (of every single race) claim to be orphans in Elanthia. ~ Bambina
Re: Chicago 05/19/2008 08:32 PM CDT
>>Why would anyone in their right mind move from Florida to Chicago?

They were curious to know what this snow stuff was that some of the implants talk about getting away from. They also probably didn't believe it's as humid in the summer.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Chicago 05/20/2008 01:52 AM CDT
I've lived between IN and IL all my life and I hate the snow. I can't imagine moving up from sunny, warm FL to well.. this.

I'm in Plainfield.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
Badtooth slips an ice pick in his spidersilk garter, tightening the ribbons securely below his knee.
>gasp bad
You gasp at Badtooth!
>wave shade
You fan yourself.
Re: Chicago 05/20/2008 05:13 AM CDT
The heat from June-September in Florida is just as bad as the cold from December-April in Illinois. I guess it just depends on which you can stand more. Do you want to pay for AC or heat?

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Chicago 05/20/2008 08:22 AM CDT
Well I moved to Rockford not to Chicago from Florida. Since we're a 100 miles from Lake Michigan we don't really get that much humidity in the summer. So when everyone in Rockford is wilting from 90 degree heat (which is only for a few weeks here) and 20% humidity I'm loving it. Florida's 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity from June to October does get old. It's a trade off. I miss Florida winters but I love the spring and summer here.

As for why, why else? Love of course.

And since I was born in New York, plus trips to see relatives around the holidays back north, I already knew what snow was, how to shovel it and how to live with it. Of course it was much more fun as a kid.

flip
Flip what?

Re: Chicago 05/20/2008 10:42 AM CDT
You fell for that 'low humidity' thing? Stay long enough and you'll get to 'enjoy' the upper Midwest summers. Nowhere near as bad as Delaware in summer though. That really is nasty.

Anyway welcome to the area. While I wouldn't (and didn't) choose to locate in Rockford itself the area has advantages in it's proximity to Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison and with lower housing and living costs, except for utilities and gas. And for some strange reason it's considered a more attractive, larger media market on the national level.

D
Re: Chicago 05/20/2008 06:27 PM CDT
Now, what do you call someone from the snowy area's who move to Florida and melt in the sun the first summer here, so they then pack up an move to North Carolina? Why they are called a Halfback!

~Eoworfinia~
Dartenian fades into view.
A horde of Lawrence Welk fans decend on the area.
Dartenian whimpers softly.
Re: Chicago 05/23/2008 02:29 PM CDT
While I don't live in the Chicago/Rockford area myself, I do live not too horribly far from both. Dubuque, IA to be precise. I did visit Rockford a couple weeks ago to attend the stock car races there. Wonderful track I must say.
If anyone ever gets around my area, think corner of IA where it meets WI and IL, let me know.
Jeremy-player of Rgamato Eneto
Re: Chicago 05/27/2008 07:13 PM CDT
I live down in Savoy, near Urbana/Champaign, moved out here from Jersey for Grad school...so only staying till 2010...or whenever it is I graduate and then moving...most likely back to Jersey. As for the earthquake...I personally didn't even realize what it was till I was in work and people were talking about it...woke up for the intial hit, heard the train passing and thought hmm...never felt it like this before, went back to sleep and then was up for the after shock and my initial thought was what the hell are my neighbors doing? It appears I may be a bit oblivious.

Doug/Jarle
Re: Chicago 06/02/2008 05:23 PM CDT
There's a Jarle in this folder, been a while.

Kali, darling... couldn't the beloved move instead? 90 from June-October really isn't all that bad.

>I've always found it irritatingly interesting that so many (of every single race) claim to be orphans in Elanthia. ~ Bambina
Re: Chicago 06/03/2008 08:56 PM CDT
Right now here is where we need to be. Maybe when life settles down I'll talk him into it.

flip
Flip what?

Re: Chicago 06/10/2008 11:17 PM CDT
Don't read this forum too often, but we should have a beer, Shavay, live in Palatine, work in Schaumburg.

Meigs
western subs of Chicago 03/20/2009 08:11 AM CDT
Anyone from the western burbs? It would be nice to meet up for a chat about DR. I'm in Naperville...

Daz
Re: western subs of Chicago 04/05/2009 03:02 PM CDT
I am in Naperville, give me a shout sometime...

Gniloi
Re: western subs of Chicago 04/05/2009 04:20 PM CDT
Waukesha, Wisconsin here.
Re: western subs of Chicago 04/06/2009 03:32 AM CDT
aurora :o)
Re: western subs of Chicago 05/25/2009 12:49 AM CDT
No one else is from Madison?
Re: western subs of Chicago 05/25/2009 02:26 AM CDT
>>No one else is from Madison?

I'm a native Madisonian, I think there may be a few others.

Sean/GENT
Re: western subs of Chicago 05/25/2009 02:02 PM CDT
Waukesha, WI, so not that far from Madison.
Re: western subs of Chicago 05/26/2009 08:19 AM CDT
Not familiar with Chicago, but I'll be moving there in about a month.
Re: western subs of Chicago 05/26/2009 08:53 AM CDT
Dallas sucks. If you can swing it move down to Austin. Much better down here

Cute verbs and speaking from hiding are excellent ways to catch a lightning bolt in the face regardless of mystical ninja abilities.

-Armifer