Nebraska 04/16/2007 11:59 PM CDT
I just moved here in January from Nevada... and Nebraska wasn't all that bad to drive through... howevery, I've sworn off Wyoming. It is by far the ugliest, most boring state in the Union.

So, any others out and about in Omaha/Fremont area?
Re: Nebraska 04/17/2007 12:53 AM CDT
>>howevery, I've sworn off Wyoming. It is by far the ugliest, most boring state in the Union.

That's because it's not a state. For reference, please see this episode recap from Garfield & Friends.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Must_Be_True!

If only the actual cartoon segment were on YouTube or something... ah well.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

What is the moral? Must be a moral. Here is the moral, wrong or right:
Morals tomorrow; comedy tonight!
Re: Nebraska 04/17/2007 07:13 AM CDT
>>So, any others out and about in Omaha/Fremont area?<<

I'm from Beatrice, close enough?

Southern Wyoming along I-80 is pretty dull. I imagine the scenic areas are in the NW part of the state where Yellowstone is.

Re: Nebraska 04/17/2007 04:01 PM CDT
>Nebraska wasn't all that bad to drive through

I'm sorry, I think it's the absolute worst. Mind-numbing. I'll just have to have plenty of CD's handy......

~Honorable Kerrian, Empath of the House of the Verdant Lily~
Re: Nebraska 04/17/2007 04:01 PM CDT
>Southern Wyoming along I-80 is pretty dull

Got stuck by a snowstorm in Laramie....NOT a city I wanted to be in.

~Honorable Kerrian, Empath of the House of the Verdant Lily~
Re: Nebraska 04/18/2007 02:54 PM CDT
I was purely amazed by the amount and length of coal trains I saw in Wyoming, plus the little mountain/hill thing that looked like it was giving me the bird... South Dakota in the black hills was nice, but the rest and nebraska was definately mind numbing...

>dismantle chest bunny
While bunnies are useful for a great many things, they do not as a general rule serve well as janitors.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.
Re: Nebraska 04/22/2007 11:08 AM CDT

I-80 does follow the flatest part of the state of Nebraska for a reason. But as a native, I do have to agree that the North Platte to Grand Island stretch the title of worlds largest putting green. Provided it's not in spring or fall, then either the Sandhill cranes or the Snow geese will make you wounder why bird flu hasn't hit yet.