Chicagoland Get Together 02/21/2006 04:14 PM CST
So how many people are from Chicago or the Chicagoland area. I'm out in the far west burbs of Plainfield and have always thought it would be great for a group of us to get together for pizza, beer, or what ever beverage floats your boat.
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/21/2006 04:20 PM CST
i'm down here in champaign but i got a lot of friends family in the joliet/kankakee area. i spend a lot of time around them parts. i'd be up for a hangdown.

Verbal
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/21/2006 04:32 PM CST
Yoohoo! I'm in Elk Grove (between Schaumburg & O'Hare).
I know there are a few other locals... at least one GM... several folks I found via that Player Map that Solomon created.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

http://www.mistletoebeltbuckle.com
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/21/2006 04:41 PM CST
Well lets start to get the ball rolling. As more people from our area see this they can jump on board. I would suggest a date a bit out to allow time for people to plan. How about March 31st? And so far I know myself and at least two others are in Plainfield and another who get to this area often. So how about we make the pizza night maybe up in Naperville. Got some good pizza places and it's easy to get to.

Promithius (Chris)
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/21/2006 06:33 PM CST
Rockford here. I can make it into Chicago. I think GM Helena is also in that area and has been to a few Chicago get togethers.

flip
Flip what?

Need bonding or divorce roses or wedding services? Contact me at: kalira@play.net

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/21/2006 06:53 PM CST
north aurora here. im thinking a meeting would be great. let me know time and place. since im right by the highway and can go pretty much anywhere in ill easy. weekend would be best. also as a side note can anyone tell me how to post a picture on the left side of the post. im not on the boards much..i want to be cool like everyone one else.uh yea like mike hah

Ouchieva
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/21/2006 08:11 PM CST
>>Well lets start to get the ball rolling. As more people from our area see this they can jump on board. I would suggest a date a bit out to allow time for people to plan. How about March 31st? And so far I know myself and at least two others are in Plainfield and another who get to this area often. So how about we make the pizza night maybe up in Naperville. Got some good pizza places and it's easy to get to.

I'd be for meeting in Naperville since I live in that area but would be willing to meet somewhere also. Only thing is I think I am gone the weekend of the 31st. Prett much free anytime but that weekend.

Gniloi
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/22/2006 08:46 PM CST
>>I think GM Helena is also in that area

Yep, she lives in Wheaton I believe.

I'd love to do a get-together. Problem is I work Saturdays until at least 3 - often later - so if it's a Saturday thing then later is better for me.

Past couple years I've tried to get large groups for Bristol Ren Faire in the summer, but got mixed responses... one time I think several may have shown up, but I just never found them! Heh.

- Stormsinger Shavay

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/23/2006 06:38 AM CST
im pretty wide open with just about any date. with alittle bit of notice. i never met anyone that played DR before. ive been alone in my own little world.

Verbal
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/23/2006 08:44 AM CST
Ok I'm going to just set the date, time, and place and hopefully everyone can reply that they will be able to make it. This should be fun as I always thought I was maybe 1 of 2 or 3 people in chicagoland that played DR. If ya have any questions or suggestions put them out or ya can contact me at CRDHAZMAT (AIM) or c.depaola@comcast.net.

Date: Saturday March 25th
Time: 7:00pm
16 W Jefferson Ave
Naperville, IL 60540

Please reply if you can make it so I can get us some tables.
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/23/2006 11:12 PM CST
ill be there... let me know if theres changes or it gets canceled.. not wanting to show up and no ones is there... ouchieva.. email is same as the name
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/24/2006 06:58 AM CST
My wife reminded me I have plans on the 25th. So I wont be able to make this one. Maybe next one!

(Shakes fist at wife)

Verbal
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 02/26/2006 08:27 PM CST
I just seen your guys plan on this. sounds fun. I'm actually in naperville and I'm down for some pizza and beer. just make sure and post where the party is or shoot me an email.
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/01/2006 08:19 PM CST
As it just so happens it's likely that I will be in town on the 25th, I happen to live in Dubuque, IA about 4 hrs drive and will be in Chicago that weekend to visit my cousin who i believe actually lives in Naperville. If possible i'll be there.
Jeremy-player of Rgamato Eneto
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/02/2006 05:34 AM CST
As it just so happens it's likely that I will be in town on the 25th, I happen to live in Dubuque, IA about 4 hrs drive and will be in Chicago that weekend to visit my cousin who i believe actually lives in Naperville. If possible i'll be there.

Get the bleep out! I live in Dubuque as well. I always thought I was the only person here who ever heard of Simu!

Girtarg
The sweet and kind
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/03/2006 12:15 AM CST
Wow and here I thought that I was only one in this town playing, too weird. Heck at some point we might have to get together and play some pool if ya do that or something. my aim is spider200081 if ya wanna send a im.
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/03/2006 08:23 AM CST
Careful, Girtarg's bleeping. Next thing you know he'll be bleeting can making other sheep like sounds. Scary scary stuff. :snicker::

Jim

"There is no help for our kind. We walk a lonely road."

"Paladins. There ought to be a bounty on them."
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/03/2006 10:43 AM CST
I'd be happy to make a get together though that weekend might be bad for me as I had tentative plans to go out of town.

Just keep me posted. I know we've always struggled with Chicago gatherings for some reason but I really would be happy to meet up with some of the lovely darlings around here.

Helena
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/04/2006 06:38 AM CST
>>Careful, Girtarg's bleeping. Next thing you know he'll be bleeting can making other sheep like sounds. Scary scary stuff. :snicker::

You'd know all about the sounds a sheep can make...wouldn't ya jimmy boy!

Girtarg
The sweet and kind
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/04/2006 12:58 PM CST
Oh ho! Is that a kilt joke? Heh! Ya gotta do better than that!

Jim

"There is no help for our kind. We walk a lonely road."

"Paladins. There ought to be a bounty on them."
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/04/2006 09:10 PM CST
>>Date: Saturday March 25th

Bah, had to pick the last Saturday of the month, didn't you. I'm pretty sure I'll be busy with a prior engagement... one week in either direction would be MUCH easier for me, though. Hm.

- Stormsinger Shavay

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/05/2006 01:40 PM CST
Ok, I would like to have as many people possible able to attend so for that reason I'm going to throw four dates out for everyone to look at. Please go to http://www.stellarsurvey.com/response/s.aspx?u=432 and pick which date works best. Which ever has the best response will be the day of the party. Please try to vote early so I can make arrangements with the establishment.

Promithius
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/05/2006 07:39 PM CST
Woot! Tax-Day!

- Shavay

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/06/2006 01:26 AM CST
<<Woot! Tax-Day!>>

My thoughts exactly!

Binu
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/07/2006 12:42 PM CST
You should scoot it back to June and all just come to Unofficialcon in St. Louis instead. ::ducks::

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/07/2006 06:30 PM CST
>>You should scoot it back to June and all just come to Unofficialcon in St. Louis instead. ::ducks::

What do you mean, instead? I intend to do both!
Of course, I need to know what dates the one in St. Louis is asap so as to get the time off work. ::nags::

- Stormsinger Shavay

- Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/08/2006 11:14 AM CST
Already posted this over in the UnofficialCon folder, but here goes:

Here's what is arranged:

Sheraton Westport is already reserved. http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/con

* Dates: 6/23-25/2006
* $99.00 for single through quadruple occupancy.

The conference room they have for us can be broken into three seperate rooms so at least three meetings can be held at the same time in that room.

I need at least one other person to be co-chair for this event. (I have been taking a lot of slack from my husband for taking the lead in this.)

So far I haven't asked any of you to lead any meetings, plan events, etc.

If anyone is interested Schlafly Brewery http://www.schlafly.com/brewpubs.shtml said they would be glad to have us, their tour is free and they can take about 30 people on one tour that lasts about 25 minutes, they do a tasting afterwards and have a gift shop and an outdoor beer garden that can hold ~50 people.

Now is the time to step up to the plate...

Bambina
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/08/2006 12:28 PM CST
Who all is attending this shindig? I wouldn't be staying at the hotel, but I figure that since I live in Chicago, I might as well stop by at some point, if there's anyone there I know. :)
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/08/2006 05:43 PM CST
in reference to the pizza and beer can you please post when it is set. so i can take off work that night.. sooner the better. ouch
Re: Chicagoland Get Together 03/08/2006 10:09 PM CST

Heya Bambina, it sounds like you have most things covered. If you need further help, please IM me anytime (DRTaleek). I also live in St. Louis, and haven't missed a con in years, so I will look forward to this one.