Norfolk, anyone? 01/20/2006 10:17 AM CST
Ok, so I got myself stationed in Norfolk. Ya. Virginia is aLOT warmer than back home in Michigan.

Nhia, whereabouts in Norfolk, lass? Obviously I'm stationed here, so you know right where I am. Perhaps we can catch up for lunch some day or something. Always looking for things to do here, since I live in the barracks. Alone. Nothing but me and my computer. I'm so alone...

grins

If anyone is in the Norfolk/Hampton Roads area mebbe wanna do a small gettogether, I'll be happy to arrange something. Who knows, may even be able to give you guys a tour or the base and my boat (big maybe on the boat tour.) Dunno, just gets boring on base is all. Heh

If y'all wanna chitchat, catch me on AIM at RangerRantjur, or RangerRantjur@aim.com

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."
Re: Norfolk, anyone? 01/20/2006 10:25 AM CST
>Ok, so I got myself stationed in Norfolk. Ya. Virginia is aLOT warmer than back home in Michigan.

Right now Baltimore Maryland is a lot warmer than Maryland. Blech. Pant. 60 degree weather when you can't turn the stupid heater off is not fun.

Welcome to the neighborhood though, weird though the weather is right now.
Re: Norfolk, anyone? 01/21/2006 06:40 AM CST
Only one word of advice. Get out of the Navy!! ;) I'm an Air Force man myself, stationed at Dover AFB, Delaware. We have the odd weather up here too. I'll settle for 80s and palm trees though.

If you ever get the chance Rant, there's a great place to get steak outside Oceana. It's called Grate Steak. Try it sometime. I think there's a second location in Hampton Roads too.

Safe Paths,
Seldyr

"Sometimes you're better off lucky than good."
Re: Norfolk, anyone? 01/23/2006 08:07 AM CST
I've passed it a coupla times (it's out by this seafood place called 'bob's laundromat' Yes, it's a resteraunt, and no, you can't do laundry there. Never been to Grate Steak before, but might give it a try.

Air Force? BAH! Work for a living.

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."
Re: Norfolk, anyone? 01/30/2006 03:48 PM CST
I'd love to have a mini gettogether sometime! I'll be out of town all next week and most of this week, though.

~GameMaster Nhia
Elothean Champion Duo
Weddings Team

"I was married once in an online fantasy game. We were thinking of having children, but it would have severely drained my power crystals." -- The Simpsons, comic book guy
Re: Norfolk, anyone? 02/06/2006 05:35 PM CST
Best way to catch up with me is by email or phone, to be honest. Not on DR near as much as I wish I was.

Email me at either

hockeyteddy33@yahoo.com
or
RangerRantjur@aim.com

RangerRantjur is my AIM name.

Re: Norfolk, anyone? 02/10/2006 05:07 AM CST
<<I'm an Air Force man myself, stationed at Dover AFB, Delaware. Seldyr>>

My father is currently stationed there too.

-Lucerella-
Re: Norfolk, anyone? 02/17/2006 02:06 PM CST
Former DR player here, on lovely NAS Oceana.

~Bre

"Have you ever felt like the world was a tuxedo, and you were a pair of brown shoes?"