The Hurricane and several other things 09/16/2003 12:49 PM CDT
Southern MD here (just south of Patuxent River Naval Base). Thought I was the only one for at least 70 or so miles in any direction, but after reading the previous posts, maybe not.

At any rate. Yeah, the hurricane. I'll be hiding. In a basement. Good luck to everyone, I think we'll need it. Even if the hurricane IS starting to weaken.

Went to the Renn Faire last weekend with Malachias (ranger) who came to visit for the week. He had a blast. I had a blast. Except for the bees. They were in groups and swarms... quite interesting really.

Malachias was made to bow before the queen, which was sorta fun. I managed to escape unnoticed.

I'm planning on going back the weekend after this, or after that... depends on my financial situation... and if the house is still standing... at that point.

Player of Lucerella
Re: The Hurricane and several other things 09/16/2003 07:37 PM CDT
Good luck with the hurricane everyone. I'm kinda stuck on a God-forasken military island in the middle of the Indian Ocean while my plane gets fixed. It's absolute torture being stuck in paradise. Otherwise I'd be sitting in my basement (Newark, DE) drinking sacrifical hurricanes while the wind whips outside. I've been meaning to get back to Renn Faire. I was there a few years ago and had a blast. Life's just kept me from getting back. Welp, back to paradise!

Phairdon, Wandyfarer

The difference between being lost and exploring is about 5 minutes and two right turns.
Re: The Hurricane and several other things 09/16/2003 10:30 PM CDT
Bah! Where's all ya'll sense of fun and adventure?! You all remind me of my mother who formed a make-shift shelter out of a storage closet down in the basement. I'm sorry but if we get bombed or stormed, the house is going to collapse and we'll be out of luck. Stuck in this little tiny closet that frankly I doubt the four of us (mom, dad, my aunt, and myself) could fit in. Oh well! All I have to say is bring it on!

Court/Cai
Re: The Hurricane and several other things 09/17/2003 08:44 AM CDT
Heh. Never said I'd be STAYING in said basement. I'll be right there dancing in the rain. Ever try flying a kite in 70 mph winds? It's a death defying endurance act, like soccer, except wetter.

Phairdon, Wandyfarer

The difference between being lost and exploring is about 5 minutes and two right turns.
Re: The Hurricane and several other things 09/17/2003 11:50 AM CDT
>>Southern MD here (just south of Patuxent River Naval Base). Thought I was the only one for at least 70 or so miles in any direction, but after reading the previous posts, maybe not.

Heh. I used to go to St. Mary's College. I don't like to talk about that time, but it can be very pretty down there at Point Lookout at sunset. I don't recommend going out there Friday, though. Just a little hunch. ;)

Oh, and while I'm almost exactly 100 miles from the Pax River base, there are several folks from the Annapolis area and a few from Waldorf.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: The Hurricane and several other things 09/17/2003 12:26 PM CDT
Actually, it's Thursday nights you shouldn't go out on now... for whatever reason. Actually... there IS a reason.

Monk's Inn does thier 'college night' that night. Gets rowdy. Probably why they had to replace the door.

And yes you're right... absolutely beautiful in that area. I hope it's still that beautiful on Saturday after the hurricane.