Prev_page Previous 1 3
Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/24/2003 08:58 PM CDT

Maryland Renaissance Festival. The weekend of October 18 & 19. Hope to see you all there, my Mid-Atlantic friends!

Roxana Bloodlan
Speaker, Tavern Troupe Performing Order

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/24/2003 09:40 PM CDT
I plan to be there. I'll need a ride, though, either from Baltimore or from Annapolis if I take the bus there first (I think you said a few weeks ago that it's very close to the fair grounds.).

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/25/2003 06:14 AM CDT
When I lived in D.C. I never lacked fun things to do. Though fun things in those days was racing porches at odd hours of the morning around the beltway...ah high school.

Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/31/2003 12:50 AM CDT
Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Ydrask
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/31/2003 12:58 AM CDT
Yes, 'Happy happy joy joy,' indeed. You are officially invited, Ydrask. I hope this time you'll be kind enough to introduce yourself.

<smiles>

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/31/2003 01:09 AM CDT
Okay so who's going to the Faire and when? I have friends that work it every year, and this is the first year that I'm actually able to go. I am in Columbia, someone save me from my humdrum life!

Cailei
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/31/2003 01:20 AM CDT
The weekend of October 18th & 19th. We usually meet at Fuddruckers Friday night for dinner, then at the Festival the next morning. We'll see if Gulph can find a box and some electrical tape.

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/31/2003 01:24 AM CDT
Roxana, dear, can you keep me in the loop by reminding me as it gets closer. I have a knack for forgetting things. In fact, I forgot how old one of my best friends is. Pigeon is BardCailei.

Cai
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 08/31/2003 09:46 AM CDT
>>Okay so who's going to the Faire and when? I have friends that work it every year, and this is the first year that I'm actually able to go.

Yes, I'm going to the Ren Faire.

Oh, when? Uh...well, that weekend the MD gang is going, and probably Oktoberfest weekend (mmm...beer).

>>I am in Columbia, someone save me from my humdrum life!

Ellicott City here. Humdrum indeed. yawn At least there's good chili, coffee, and beer around here.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 09/01/2003 12:18 AM CDT
Ellicott City huh? You must know where the Judge's Bench is then. I go there most Wednesdays for their dollar domestics and 7oz Coronas. Much fun, if you've never gone you should go.

Cai
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 09/01/2003 09:08 AM CDT
>You are officially invited, Ydrask. I hope this time you'll be kind enough to introduce yourself.

Oh, boy. Keep him away from my kid! I hear he thinks baby is the "other, other, other white meat."

Espritia

Baby smiles are almost as good as a full night's sleep.
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 09/02/2003 03:58 AM CDT
Espritia,

You know Ydrask wouldn't hurt a fly. He's the kindest, most gentle GM the realm has ever known. In fact, I've heard he's opening his very own waif/butcher shop right in the heart of Crossing. Bon Appetite!

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 09/02/2003 10:07 AM CDT
Good thing my kid will be able to charm anyone with her cute smiles by the time the ren faire rolls around... even Ydrask!

Espritia

Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 09/02/2003 10:58 AM CDT
<<The weekend of October 18th & 19th. We usually meet at Fuddruckers Friday night for dinner, then at the Festival the next morning. We'll see if Gulph can find a box and some electrical tape.>>

OOOHH!!! That's the weekend we're going, my husband and my friend Ed who was formerly the empath known as Giladnight. I'd love to meet up with some of you at some point!

Gulphunger is the only one I'd likely recognize, though. ;)

Alle

Instigator of Liberation for Hara'Jaal

Gotta find this road... it's like, "Bob's Road..."
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival 09/02/2003 11:40 AM CDT
>In fact, I've heard he's opening his very own waif/butcher shop right in the heart of Crossing.

AAaiiiieeeee! Absinthe, run! Don't go to the gathering!

~Mellisandre (the other waif)
Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/26/2003 02:58 AM CDT
...20 more days. I've very excited.

(No, I don't plan on counting down the days.)

<smiles>

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/26/2003 07:51 AM CDT
Count em Down! Count em down!! I've got the weekend circled, marked, astriked, and everythig else on my calendar. I can't wait either! <bounces>

Phairdon, Wandyfarer

The difference between being lost and exploring is about 5 minutes and two right turns.
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/26/2003 08:42 AM CDT
I'll bring my best bathrobe.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/26/2003 03:11 PM CDT
I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out for this year. We took my 2-month-old daughter to the PA ren faire recently, and it was just too much for her. She was an absolute crank on the ride home, and the ride home is twice as long from MD. No one needs or wants to be around her when she's podbaby instead of her usual happy self.

Have fun for us...

Espritia

Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/27/2003 04:07 PM CDT
I had nearly forgotten! Just nearly though.

Cai
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/28/2003 03:32 AM CDT

Dang it, Spri..we'll miss you. But your little girl comes first. Maybe next year?

For the rest of you...dinner October 17th, Friday night at Fuddruckers? I think they are use to us wandering around, looking lost by now. You know you can always tell the 'computer people' cause they blink in strong light. Let me know if anyone has an interest in this. Otherwise we'll try and devise a way to meet Saturday morning. Gulph..don't forget the box!

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/28/2003 03:11 PM CDT
Which Fudruckers?

Cai
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/28/2003 06:25 PM CDT
The Fuddrucker's right on the outskirts of Annapolis Mall.
175 Jennifer Street. 410-266-8030. I was thinking around 7 or 8ish?

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/29/2003 07:18 AM CDT
I'm hoping to get a chance to run into you guys at the fest. :) If it were just me, I'd come to Fudruckers, but I can't drag the guys all the way to Maryland on a Friday night. They'd shoot me. ;)

Leesh/Alle

Instigator of Liberation for Hara'Jaal

Gotta find this road... it's like, "Bob's Road..."
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/29/2003 09:09 PM CDT
Mike,

Are you going to go down to Fudruckers before heading to the faire? If you are mind if I hitch a ride?

Cai
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 09/30/2003 08:24 AM CDT
>>Are you going to go down to Fudruckers before heading to the faire? If you are mind if I hitch a ride?

Most likely yes, but that's a pretty insane weekend for me so I'll have to wait until it's a little closer and some of my other plans are more set in stone before I can give a resounding affirmative. However, as soon as I know I'll let you know.

~Mike/Gulphphunger
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/01/2003 07:25 PM CDT
The wife's not going to chime in, so I will. Heather and I will be there. Her work plans changed for that weekend and she's now off, so we'll be available. Let me know what the plans to meet are so we're not like lemmings in a crowd, looking for someone to follow.

~Breganth/Jay

"Let them hate, so long as they fear"
Lucius Accius (170 BC- 86 BC)
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/02/2003 03:23 AM CDT
It'll be great to meet you both. Friday night, October 17th at Fuddrucker's, (outskirts Annapolis Mall on Jennifer Street), around 8ish. If I'm thinking straight, I'll remember to wear my Dragon Realms t-shirt. Saturday, October 18th, meet at the gates of the Maryland Renaissance Festival. I'll try and device some sort of box/sign with Dragon Realms on it. Any suggestion as to what might work best...let's hear 'em. Then a wonderous day of walking through, what I consider, the best renaissance festival ever. Will try and be at the gates by 9:30 AM, Saturday to rally all DR folks to one spot.

Hope to see you all there!

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/02/2003 06:46 AM CDT
>'ll try and device some sort of box/sign with Dragon Realms on it. Any suggestion as to what might work best...let's hear 'em.<

A big ole piece of cardboard that say "DR ADDICT" in big black letters. Oh! Maybe even a string to hang it around yer neck! :-P

Phairdon, Wandyfarer

The difference between being lost and exploring is about 5 minutes and two right turns.
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/05/2003 11:00 PM CDT
Hey-O,

I'm super-psyched about the Renn Faire! As was established a few months back, this will be my first such event. I need to appeal for a favor, though. I am without car. I live in Baltimore, and would like to attend the dinner on Friday and of course the Faire on Saturday. Ideally, it would be great if somebody could get me before the dinner on Friday and then put me up Friday night so that when we go to the Faire on Saturday, I'm already with you. The perks for you include me paying for your Faire admission and buying you all kinds of drinks throughout the weekend. I'm also pretty flexible on where you can pick me up and drop me off. Possible locations include Downtown Baltimore, any Light Rail stop in Baltimore, Metro Station DC, any DC Metro stop, Annapolis Greyhound station, BWI Airport, BWI Rail, and Northrop Grumman Corporation in Linthicum. Even if you'd only be available for one "leg" of the trip (pickup to restaurant, restaurant to your place and then the Faire, Faire to dropoff), please let me know.

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/06/2003 02:29 PM CDT
Can I ask a favor of one of you DR'ers going to the fest?? Up in the back corner next to the Globe theater is a nice lil place thats run by Berrywine Plantations/Linganore Winecellars, they sell mead & a bunch of "mixed" types of wines...such as dragon's blood which I highly reccommend.

What my request is.. I need either a scribed lists of the drinks along with what is in them..such as Dragons Blood is suchandsuch and soandso wines. Or if you cant scribe them a clear picture of it... I'd prefer the written list via email but since I would have to do a lot of wrangling between 2 jobs to attend it would be a bear for me.

I'd be willing to send you something via paypal for it if need be, or next year I can attend the gathering and buy you something to drink (or two) but my addled brain thought the NE players had already do the fest & I was at Celtic Fest in Snow Hill this past wkend.

Thanks and please let me know at PurHeart@play.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/11/2003 08:41 AM CDT

Purheart...

I will try to remember to make notations of the various mixed drinks there, Dragon's Blood being my personal favorite! Gulph! Will you be at Fuddrucker's Friday night? Don't forget to wear your cool knit hat. <g>

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/13/2003 05:11 AM CDT

The day draws near. <cackles madly!> I said I would not countdown the days..but then, I lied. Four partial, three full days till madness falls over Maryland. Ah, the sweet pain. Hope to see you all there. Remember...Fuddrucker's, Friday, October 17th. 8 pm est. Let's keep DR alive in Maryland!

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/13/2003 07:19 AM CDT
>>Gulph! Will you be at Fuddrucker's Friday night? Don't forget to wear your cool knit hat. <g>

I'm going to try, though it already looks like this coming weekend is spinning out of control schedule-wise. Our band is playing a private party a week from this weekend (we just found out yesterday afternoon), and we have a lot of special requests to work on. Unfortunately, when adding days to our rehearsal schedule, Fridays are the next logical day to throw in there. I'll see if we can do a Monday-Wednesday-Thursday thing this week, but it'll be tough.

If it's any consolation, though, I'm wearing the knit hat right now!

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/14/2003 06:23 PM CDT
Looks like I'm not going to be able to be there after all. I have duty this weekend, which means I'm stuck on base. You guys have some fun, and take a few pics for me.

~Bre

"Let them hate, so long as they fear"
Lucius Accius (170 BC- 86 BC)
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/15/2003 01:31 AM CDT
Aww..sorry, Bre. We will take some pix for you. Can I get a hand count regarding how many think they can make it to Fuddrucker's Friday night, October 17th around 8 pm? I hate going all the way there if no one else is coming.

Thanks!

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/15/2003 12:08 PM CDT
>Can I get a hand count regarding how many think they can make it to Fuddrucker's Friday night, October 17th around 8 pm?

They are raising their hands, so hopefully you can count....

eh.. sorry, I'm at work and bored... <hides>

Slinger Raydell

<You fire a large rock at a sand sprite. A sand sprite fails to dodge. The rock lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that drives the lungs into the throat with a strike to the solar plexus.
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/16/2003 06:16 PM CDT
So how many folks will be attending the Fuddruckers/faire? And if someone can make it, how will we find the folks at the faire?

GM Sashera
<who is going to try to attend>
Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/16/2003 09:34 PM CDT
I'm going to be at the Faire. Sorry for a lack of communication, Been away with military shtuff. I'm afraid I won't be ableto make it Fudruckers. Hope yall have a blast though! Hope I get to run into you all at the Faire!

Sean, player of Phairdon, Wandyfarer

Re: Maryland Renaissance Festival Weekend 10/17 - 10/19 10/17/2003 01:50 AM CDT

This is it people! Fuddruckers: Friday, October 17th, 8 pm est. It's the one on the outskirts of Annapolis Mall. 175 Jennifer Street. Will be making a sign to tape to a large booth for folks to gather. Maryland Renaissance Festival: Saturday, October 18th. Gates open at 10:30 am est. Be there early for the King and Queen's arrival. Will do our best to have a DR sign near the gate to rally around. Show up at the sign before the gates open and the first ale is on me! Hope to see you all there!

Roxana Bloodlan

www.taverntroupe.net
Prev_page Previous 1 3