So I just galavanted out to Maryland last weekend 08/22/2003 03:39 PM CDT
So I am a cooperative education student and I alternate between St Louis, West Lafayette IN and scenic Odenton, MD (equidistant from anything to do) and Ill be out here in Maryland till the end off Decemeber. Im up for pretty much anything, thougth I kinda forget to read the boards, always getting distracted by shiny objects....

Menlatham
Re: So I just galavanted out to Maryland last weekend 08/22/2003 03:46 PM CDT
>>always getting distracted by shiny objects....

Well,

I have no idea where Odenton is, but if it's anywhere near Baltimore (where I am), then the Inner Harbor is positively full of shiny objects. Unfortunately, they do not include the harbor itself, which is actually rather sludgelike.

--David (Jolebin Swordstaff, Elemancer of Riverhaven)
Re: So I just galavanted out to Maryland last weekend 08/23/2003 08:35 AM CDT
Well,

>>I have no idea where Odenton is, but if it's anywhere near Baltimore (where I am), then the Inner Harbor is positively full of shiny objects. Unfortunately, they do not include the harbor itself, which is actually rather sludgelike.

Odenton is roughly 10 miles south of Baltimore. Well, maybe more like 12-14. And the harbor could be said to be shiny, considering its oily sheen. shudder

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: So I just galavanted out to Maryland last weekend 08/23/2003 10:31 PM CDT
>>And the harbor could be said to be shiny, considering its oily sheen. shudder

Oddly enough, I'm actually kind of used to that sort of thing. The last place I lived was Pittsburgh, where it was a huge deal when the rivers were declared clean enough for us to eat fish three times a week.

Re: So I just galavanted out to Maryland last weekend 08/24/2003 02:05 AM CDT
>>Oddly enough, I'm actually kind of used to that sort of thing. The last place I lived was Pittsburgh, where it was a huge deal when the rivers were declared clean enough for us to eat fish three times a week.

As of the last report, fish and other seafood from the Chesapeake should only be eaten under the following conditions:

1) Don't eat more than 1 serving/month.

2) Do not eat any if you're pregnant.

3) Do not eat any if you are young, elderly, have recently been sick, or have a weakened immune system due to HIV/AIDS, chemotherapy, mono, etc.

Possible side effects include illness, buildup of mercury in your system, cancer, and a whole series of complications for unborn children including but not limited to asthma and water spots on the brain.

Hooray Chesapeake!

Oh, and it's best if you don't get in the water. The last time I was in the bay, I ended up with 1/2" thick layer of black tar all over my feet. I couldn't get it off for over a week. Pollution? What pollution? There's nothing wrong with the bay or our watershed! Never!!!

~Mike/Gulph
Re: So I just galavanted out to Maryland last weekend 08/24/2003 10:02 AM CDT
>The last time I was in the bay, I ended up with 1/2" thick layer of black tar all over my feet.

Gnyah! What circumstances could possibly have coerced you into that water? Shortly after I moved here, a friend visited me from Annapolis, and he told me that if you touched the water in Baltimore Harbor, then you had to get twenty inoculations.

Re: So I just galavanted out to Maryland last weekend 08/24/2003 06:03 PM CDT
If you make a triangle with DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis as the corners Odenton would be in the dead center, equidistant from anyplace with something amusing to do. Its ok though, Im used to driving to entertainment...

Menlatham aka Steve