In-game OOC memorial for the player of Rudius. 06/29/2009 04:58 PM CDT
Thank you all so much for your kind words and memories of Anthony and Rudius. Anthony really was a wonderful person and gave so much to so many. I am so very glad that the information about shallow water blackout has informed one of you about the dangers, and hopefully more awareness of this common misconception will make the ocean a safer place to be. That is a truly moving and frightening story about what happened on the operating table.

I am currently in the process of trying to set up an in-game OOC memorial for Anthony/Rudius. Any and all who knew him and would like to attend are more than welcome and encouraged to come and say a word about your relationship with him and share happy memories from his life. No one will be turned away, but let's try to keep this as happy as possible and make it a celebration of his life and the positive 'footprint' he left on the world (in this case, the DragonRealms community). Of course emotions will be running high for some of us and sadness is to be expected, but he would have wanted us all to be happy and remember him fondly with great stories of his pirate antics.

The following people have expressed a desire to be involved in the in-game memorial:
Players of:
Valynn
Sadique
Devish

Meidori, we would be honored if you could attend and perhaps perform a role fitting of a Cleric in the ceremony. Neither Anthony or I strictly adhered to any religious faith, but I'm sure you will know just the right things to say.

I am not sure when it will be, but it will be on a boat near Haven, the way our crazy pirate would have wanted it, and there will be good pirate food and drink to be had! Let's celebrate his life!

Please feel free to e-mail me (kelseyw@email.arizona.edu) if you'd like to speak at or be involved in preparations for this event. If you would like my messenger, please ask through an e-mail. I would be more than happy to talk to you.

Sincerely,
Kelsey, player of Seiyori & Euphoriah
Re: In-game OOC memorial for the player of Rudius. 06/29/2009 05:05 PM CDT
>>I am so very glad that the information about shallow water blackout has informed one of you about the dangers, and hopefully more awareness of this common misconception will make the ocean a safer place to be.

As a frequent scuba diver I've been getting more and more interested in freediving but didn't really think I'd need any training seeing as I'm coming from the scuba background. I'll definately be getting some now before trying it.

Thank you.

Rick
Re: In-game OOC memorial for the player of Rudius. 06/29/2009 06:01 PM CDT
Hi Rick,

According to the reading I have done about shallow water blackout, it is surprisingly widely misunderstood even among experienced divers. If this is indeed what Anthony suffered, he is a perfect example of a VERY experienced diver who lost his life because of lack of proper education about free diving. Anthony had been certified since the age of 15 and had logged over 2,000 dives, including the Great Barrier Reef. If this could happen to someone like him, it could happen to anyone. Unless more folks are told.

Since you scuba dive a lot, do you think you could let your diving friends know about this? Maybe they can pass it on to even more people. Such a fatal misunderstanding could be so easily prevented, if there was better education about it.

Wishing you fun and safety in the sea.

Sincerely,
Kelsey, player of Seiyori & Euphoriah
Re: In-game OOC memorial for the player of Rudius. 06/30/2009 12:05 PM CDT
Kelsay ,

Certainly , I would be most honored to be there and speak about Anthony/Rudius. Short but sweet .

Let me know when and where.

Hugs,
Trish , player of Meidori
Re: In-game OOC memorial for the player of Rudius. 07/07/2009 12:38 AM CDT
With a very heavy heart I would like to ask that you please include the Therengia Cavalry since his character Rudius was Commander Zrxa's recruit for the Archer team in the Baron's Outriders. He will be greatly missed by many of us. Please contact myself as this has been very difficult for some of our members.

Senior Commander Gwenddolyn,
Of the Therengia Cavalry,
Baron's Dragoons, Baron's Hussars, and Baron's Outriders