Theren Guard Survey 03/08/2016 05:55 AM CST

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5RNLQDG
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/08/2016 02:05 PM CST
8. Do you feel that Gwething Theren Guard Reports are disruptive, annoying or useful?

Yes

No

I think perhaps you have the wrong answer options for this question...
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/08/2016 05:54 PM CST
I think it's meant to say useless instead of useful?
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/08/2016 06:27 PM CST
Just like the Theren Guard report, this question makes total sense in my book. Do you agree or disagree?

Yes

No

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/19/2016 09:19 PM CDT

Thank you to those who have given feedback through the survey, and to those who helped put it together.

Looking at the results, Theren Guard has decided to make adjustments to its reports over gweth (I am sure many will be pleased to hear that.)
We understand that the opening up of gweth channels has led to this being a distraction/annoyance to people in other provinces.

Theren Guard will now only make a gweth call on a patrol if there is a direct threat to Therengia, or nobles awake in the area.

There have been several comments inside the survey about people being banned - I'll go on record to say that no brigade has the power to ban anyone. All banning is done by the Baron, and to reach that level you must have put in the effort, or must be a necromancer.
Having said that, if you feel you have been wrongly highlighted as banned from Therengia, please seek out Somniumvisum and we can raise the question.

To give an idea on how the Guards are asked to act, below is a view of what was put in place in 2011. All Guard members are held to this in an out of character sense, as we believe it is a good balance. (note, I can't promise this was used in stages where I was not part of the order, apologies if it was not)

If "trouble" is stood at the bin, we react
If "trouble" is stood inside Therenborough, we react
If "trouble" is inside the keep, we react
If "trouble" is stood outside the Rossman's gate, we react
If "trouble" is attends our events, we react

If "trouble" is hunting in deer/gryphons/raiders/etc and doing/saying nothing, we do NOT react
If "trouble" is seen running past a built up area, does nothing and says nothing, and doesn't return, we do NOT react
If "trouble" is somewhere on the road from Theren to Lang, doing nothing, we do NOT react

If "trouble" attacks you, in any way, we react
If "trouble" attacks someone in front of you, we react
If "trouble" attacks someone and there is a call on gweth to aid, we react, if you wish to be involved

If "trouble" is heard on the gweth, we do NOT react
If "trouble" is heard on the gweth saying anything about the Baron or the guard, we react

As there appears to be some confusion between the members of various groups in Therengia, below you will find a list of our current members. Each of these members are held to the stance above. (anyone serving in Therengia outside of the names below, will be held to the terms of their own brigade).

~ Order of the Theren Guard ~
Officers:
Speaker: Somniumvisum (TG, Speaker)
Vice Speaker: Kristalline (TG, VS)
Treasurer: Ephic (TG, Treasurer)

Council Members:
Kenamer (TG, Council) Aaiyaah (TG, Emeritus) Kailiana (TG, Council) Celturian (TG, Council)
Devrilry (TG, Council) Felicini (TG, Emeritus) Rairken (TG, Council) Aysta (TG, Council)

General Members:
Silverwulf (TG, SSF Sgt) Angelicamoon (TG) Wodynn (TG, Keep Sgt) Toreakas (TG)
Krymzen (TG, Events Sgt) Sturm (TG) Iliriana (TG, Recruiting Sgt)

Regarding all other comments, thank you - We will be using the feedback to adjust a little (not the feedback with foul language, that's not helpful to anyone).

Somni
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/20/2016 07:22 AM CDT
>There have been several comments inside the survey about people being banned - I'll go on record to say that no brigade has the power to ban anyone. All banning is done by the Baron, and to reach that level you must have put in the effort, or must be a necromancer.

Any time this comes up, the Guard response is the same. But for years, the public consensus regarding your group has not mirrored your external words. I'm not saying your internal actions don't suit your external ones, so please don't read it that way. I'm saying the public perception of Theren, and the Theren Guard, is that what I quoted above is laughably wrong, and the that order/GMNPCs are tin pot dictators.

Again; I don't say this to be offensive, I'm simply informing you of what I've heard any time I asked about the guard and/or Theren RP as a whole, so that you can be informed that there's a disconnect between what you say and what most people think.
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/20/2016 04:20 PM CDT

As both a one time Speaker of the Theren Guard and now Commander of the Therengia Cavalry i'd like to speak to this point. I am pleased with Somni's change to the gwething. But i also stand as does the Cavalry with the "Trouble" reaction. I know from experience that no one but the Baron can ban anyone from the province no matter how hard we brigade or Order members ask for the ban. Also i will intervene personally and IC to any force used against anyone in Theren that does not follow the customs and the rule of the Baron. But we need specifics to handle these matters so if anyone feels they were mistreated in the province by either a Order or Brigade member please contact Klurn in game and i'll make sure it is looked at fairly and dealt with. Therengia has a ton of RP going on if folks want to get involved and i mean the "BAD" guys as well as the Good guys. I have personally set up event RP between team good and team bad and we both had fun. I hope we can do so in the future as well.

Klurn Odarien
Commander of the Therengia Cavalry
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/21/2016 11:22 PM CDT

Let's give folks the benefit of the doubt here. Sounds like the group is openly soliciting feedback and making some changes based on that feedback.

This is a good thing.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/22/2016 03:22 PM CDT

Yep! I promise, we are trying - The order has its ups and downs, and one of its faults in previous years IMO has been its inability to be flexible, and a failure to adjust as the game changes.

Something we hope to do as a group, and I believe the other brigades are onboard with this too, is to find out what the general player base expects, and find some common ground.... If we can do that, we open the door for a more entertaining experience all round.
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/22/2016 04:16 PM CDT
As a rather constant RP outsider to Theren for obvious reasons, I rarely get the chance to say that I appreciate the work being done to better the organization and to improve the reputation. I do feel bad that a lot of the reputation has come from it just becoming the "it thing" to hate on Theren and especially the Guard. It isn't their complete fault for RPing in a province that has leaders enveloping so many sticks that there isn't breathing room. A lot of good changes have been enacted in the Guard since my first real run ins with them and you all have always been pretty open to conversations and feedback.
Re: Theren Guard Survey 03/22/2016 05:50 PM CDT
> a province that has leaders enveloping so many sticks that there isn't breathing room.

Both of Therengia's national passtimes, jousting and cane fights, are games of hitting people with sticks so it's deeply cultural.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.