Racial Lore Events 03/16/2017 11:00 PM CDT
Would any orders be interested in hosting some gatherings for the different races and their subcultures? Kind of like the guild teaching nights, where nothing really big is planned, just see who shows up and answer questions as best you can. The Prydaen food tree gatherings have been going pretty well, and it sounds like the Mountain elves have been having fun with their thing too! And a certain someone's Thief parties have been great as well, though that's a different thing. But apart from being told about a Rakash event in Siksraja a year or two back (sega is their word for blanket! that's so cool! I hope they have blast processing), I don't think I've heard about anything else like them happening.

It would also be amazing to have Order-sponsored event gifts for these gatherings. Little things like armbands or whatever, that are designed to show off a bit of history, or just look like something that race would wear proudly. I'll be honest: I'm selfish and want more cool Prydaen things, even though we've been blessed with a whole lot of them in the last few years. More I say!

I also really would like to learn more about other races. Reading books in a library is boring... I want to hear songs, new stories, have interactions. Make a good place for an inspired GMNPC to pop in and give some more detail on things, even. I know nothing about DR's dwarves, I'd love to attend a gathering and just watch politely from the sidelines. S'Kra Mur are fascinating, and have rich culture that, as a F2P player, I can't access, since its all in the islands or Muspar'i. There are tons of different kinds of elves! What even are Elotheans? How many awesome Gnome and Kaldar stories are waiting to be told about the Gorbesh wars that simply never get a chance to be told in day-to-day RP? Even DR's boring old humans have got lore that makes them unique, certainly? And sure, you can read a history book, but wouldn't it be more fun to attend a Renaissance Faire and feel part of that old world, and maybe work towards something new?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Re: Racial Lore Events 03/17/2017 06:25 AM CDT
Here, here! Seconding and thirding this idea! I LOVE my prydaens and they have SOOO much flavor and RP and history - but I know almost nothing about the other races (except maybe the Rakash). I would LOVE to learn more and the books just are... boring... and vague. Or too specific. I am ALSO not sure what Elotheans are except they live as long as elves and seem to mature earlier. But that's all. There's a pouty one outside the east gate of Crossing, and that's all I've got. Let's do this!
Re: Racial Lore Events 03/17/2017 07:13 AM CDT
>I also really would like to learn more about other races. Reading books in a library is boring...

I'd be interested in this as well for Elotheans - especially to learn more about and interact with other players in the context of the Elothean Houses. Perhaps events like this already exist and I just don't know them, but it is an element of my roleplaying that I would enjoy further developing.

Slepowren
House of the Silk Strings
Re: Racial Lore Events 03/17/2017 07:17 AM CDT

<I'd be interested in this as well for Elotheans - especially to learn more about and interact with other players in the context of the Elothean Houses.

seconded or thirded whatever count we are at
Re: Racial Lore Events 03/17/2017 06:18 PM CDT
I believe Sendithu is doing something like this for mountain elves in the beginning of April
Re: Racial Lore Events 03/19/2017 03:06 PM CDT

Hello all,

In terms of wanting "Order hosted events" I can offer an option to have your very own thing depending on how many details someone has worked out or how much "work" you're looking to have an Order do.

The Tavern Troupe Performing Order can facilitate many wants, we have a dedicated and amazingly talented member base that are creative beyond belief. Please feel free to reach out to Anjinson or Vixonia to inquire and perhaps hire us to make something really great happen!

Speaker Anjinson Shilanthor

See our fun things here! http://www.taverntroupe.com/
Re: Racial Lore Events 03/21/2017 10:46 PM CDT
We'll be having a Prydaen gathering at the food tree this Thursday at 10 PM, EST. It's probably the last time I can "host" it for a few months at least, which is why I'm looking for alternatives and to expand such gatherings out to other races.

Sendithu is totally doing a Mountain Elves gathering, and has done a few in the past as well!

Do we really need Orders to do these? Well, no! Just a player willing to advertise and choose a time and place. The benefits of an Order doing them would be 1. Gifts, 2. (Easier?) Scheduling, 3. Giving Orders More Things To Do. If people within the Order wanted to put effort in, they could do trivia for each race, but I personally don't like gatherings to have a strict structure. No one saying, "Stop what you're doing! Now it's time for this!" I tried that, it didn't go well, ended up giving my prizes away to random people. I don't like that feeling that, well, an hour's up, time to pack it in! I like hanging out until everyone gets sleepy!

So maybe Vixonia will take over the Prydaen gatherings with the Tavern Troupe if I pester her enough... But its up to us players to pester for other racial gatherings! 'Cause when we use our minds, and take a step at a time, we can do anything that we wanna do!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Re: Racial Lore Events 03/22/2017 05:44 PM CDT

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'd be willing to put some time and effort in! I will REALLY REALLY try to make it tomorrow but no promises - my troupe is hosting an IRL festival this weekend, so.... yeah. I'm hiding in the forums because I realized I was just running in circles. Haha!

But, yeah! Tell me the things and I will do them!