How does one form a organization ? 07/10/2011 03:10 AM CDT
So how does one form a player org. and make it official. I'm interested and a few others are as well, in forming a mercenary company/provincial peace keeping force for Boarclan and Hib. Anyone know ?

..insert brilliant whitty comment here.
Re: How does one form a organization ? 07/10/2011 05:01 AM CDT
To the best of my knowledge

1) They aren't approving any new official orders right now, and
2) A mercenary group would likely not qualify as the orders are, IC-wise, government-sanctioned organizations
Re: How does one form a organization ? 07/10/2011 05:40 PM CDT
>>Lsimpson1: So how does one form a player org. and make it official.

You can't form a new, officially sanctioned order right now.

>>DR-Ariawen (04/10/2009): Our current Orders system cannot bear the burden of new Orders. Therefore, until we get an Orders re-write (and that is under control) we cannot have new officially sanctioned Orders. . . . As far as new Orders, please do not be discouraged by the lack of official sanctioning. Please do form up, get yourselves organised and function as though you are official. While we cannot give GM assistance, it should not stop you from organising events or functioning as a group.

Last time I heard, there are going to be three different tiers of player-run organizations. I can't find the post, so I'll summarize my recollection.

The top level, with maximum GM support (and therefore the most restrictions, I assume), would be similar to current sanctioned orders (Order of the White Rose, Order of the Theren Guard, etc.).

The bottom level would be a totally unofficial group with little or no GM support, similar to the game's current unofficial groups (Professional Healers Association, Idon Raiders, Fervid Shade, etc.).

Lastly, there would be an intermediate level with some GM support and some restrictions. The level of official support for these second-tier organizations might be similar to the Locksmith Union. (I've heard, for example, that this intermediate level might have access to badges and affiliation titles.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: How does one form a organization ? 07/10/2011 05:41 PM CDT
There was talk of an order revamp at the last Simucon, but I imagine it got pushed back due to Everything 3.0
Re: How does one form a organization ? 07/12/2011 09:48 PM CDT
>>There was talk of an order revamp at the last Simucon, but I imagine it got pushed back due to Everything 3.0

There was talk of this at the Simucon '09.

"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
-Thucydides

http://www.theapostlesorder.org/
Re: How does one form a organization ? 01/19/2012 09:51 AM CST

That sounds like a load, not saying its not true, But If your character in game wants to be a Sea Pirate with a Gang of Sea Pirates and Hide Out and roam the coast line swindling and robbing and pillaging and the game mechanics support it(probably not) but you cant have your gang recognized because the IG government doesnt condone it? You have any idea how many "Orders" and "Groups" have existed that the governments didnt condone? I mean yes there should be a process to filter out the more abusive and offensive orders, but saying an order isnt official because it doesnt fall into the guide-lines doesnt make sense. Every OFFICIAL order ive seen so far is some fluffy bunny fu-fu hug me hug you type of order. I think if there is a light side of the order there should be a dark side of the order. I for one would vote for a mercenary type order. not some wet-nurse group pampering people.