Event 11/09/2002 11:40 AM CST
Hey all. While I was away I brainstormed an event that I want to do. I am hoping to do it over Thanksgiving weekend -- Dec 1 or 2. If that date doesnt work we'll go for the next weekend. (PLEASE state your preferences here!!)

Synopsis:

This event is for the new recruits / members in the last four, real-time, months. These folks will be the competitors, the senior or aged members of the orders will be the judges.

We are going to have a New Recruit Game Day. New folks will be asked to participate in events for points. Each different competition (see below) will have a maximum amount of participants, and judged individually with the points going toward an all-order total. The order with the highest total will receive a trophy that will be passed around annually.

Competitions:

There are 8 different compeitions, five of which will be detailed out in different posts. Warning: A lot of this is intended to be -fun- so you will find some amusing competitions.

Selection of Competitors:

You, as an order, should select your new recruits that you feel are most apt and able for the particular event. Please have your speaker submit a general list for me so I can verify their membership / induction. (Not all folks have to be on this list but the more you have ahead of time the quicker the day of will go).

Selection of Judges:

Each event will need 1 person from each order to be a judge. That will form a panel of seven for each event. This panel will then add in one NPC judge from the Administration offices that will cover ties or any aspect of the panel requirements that might be affected by bias. The judges will definately need to be submitted ahead of time so I can get all those things set up. I would highly suggest selecting different folk for each event so if time becomes an issue we don't fall off schedule

Alrighty. Nuff said here. See next posts.

Naiph
Order Events 03/03/2008 11:21 PM CST
I would like to get into the habit of having planned events entered into the in-game news and on the calendar a month at a time.

If you have public Order events planned for March and haven't submitted them, please send them to DR-Orders@play.net.

So that we are planning in advance, if you have an April event, please do submit the request sheet as soon as possible. The deadline for getting April events into the calendar and the in-game news is: 18th March 2008. This allows me to get it up and checked for accuracy. Plus it gives people at least a week to see it and plan for it.

Just as reminder (and you are all really great at this, but I wanted to just have it down for reference): If you require my assistance with gifts or props for an event, I require at least 3 weeks notice so that I can cater for everyone, get the items done and checked for accuracy.

Something to bear in mind as you do plan, I will be away on vacation from April 19 - April 26.

Ari
June Events Schedule 06/02/2008 07:51 PM CDT
Is up!

Let's get planning for next month!

Cheers
Ariawen.
Orders: The year in review and a New Events Policy. 01/27/2009 03:32 PM CST
Please be warned, this is a VERY long post.

In November of 2007, I officially assumed the role of the Orders GameMaster. The year 2008 saw some great strides towards Order goals.

The Orders Headquarters was opened, as well as two regional offices -- Riverhaven and Therenborough. Aesry is under construction and will be seen this year for those Orders on Aesry.

We also saw the implementation of Speaker rewards and service rewards. 2008 was also the year that saw Orders become more visible through the news and calendar, with the Theren Guard, the Dragon Shield and the Tavern Troupe being the consistent eventers for most months. All Order events had GameMaster support with announcements, food, prizes and special gifts. Some GameMasters who helped to see those events come to fruition were GameMasters Zadraes, Vaeldriil, Adera, Nhia, Audacia and of course SGM Riel who has provided unfailing support and advice.

In early 2008 the Orders revamp project plan and proposal was submitted and approved by Solomon, SGM Riel and SGM Ssra. However, when Ssra stepped aside, and for reasons beyond my control, the Orders revamp project was unavoidably delayed and there is currently no confirmed start date. This was no-one's fault just a matter of readusted priorities, particularly where global gaming issues had to take a lead in the pecking order of things.

This proved to be a year of learning curves, particularly for me on how differing priorities can force changes to project ETA's and what I should and should not have mentioned at our meetings. You can be assured my own expectations were dashed. While I continue to work on further regional offices, I can only apologise that your hopes were raised beyond that which was deliverable and I hope I can count on your continued patience and goodwill. The good news however is that the project has not been scrapped, only delayed.

However, we should not take this as an indicator that progress will not be made in 2009. I have formulated some new goals to keep us chugging along and am in vigorous discussions with various people behind the scenes on how to get the project moving towards our end goals. The timetable looks different but my eyes are on the prize. Things are looking considerably brighter! Some things may change, some things may go on the backburner for now, but ultimately it is my continued hope to get Orders as self sufficient as was originally envisaged.

Something that was mentioned at the last Speakers meeting is the implementation of fee for service. In 2009 Orders will see the introduction of fees for service as of February 1, 2009. Up until now, Orders have not been charged for the support of events and 2008 was the grace year of 'getting our collective acts together'. However, it's time.

To get the ball rolling, there will be a new Order Event policy in place.

Each Order is entitled to one free event per month. Subsequent events in the same month will be charged as detailed below. If there is an issue, then it will be negotiated between the Speaker and Orders GM. However, the Orders GM will have final say as to the appropriate costs.

A) ORDER EVENTS: FREE PACKAGE

1. 2 x announcements - at 15 and 30 minutes prior to the event.
2. 1 x Food and Drink table - total of 10 standard items of food and drink, per the Orders menu.
3. 1 x News item for the event
4. 1 x Calendar Entry for the event.
5. 1 x Gift crate with a customised item from a 24/7 shop (Where the value of the item is up to the value of 2 gold).
A gift (for a gift crate) over the value of 2 gold will be supplied by the Order for customisation by the Orders GM.

Note: For those Orders who use a set of gift crate items on a regular basis there will be no charge for the rotating stock.

A1: Optional Extras for the free package (INCURS CHARGES)

6. Prizes - Limit of 3 customised prizes per event. If supplied by the Orders GM, 10 platinum per customised prize. If supplied by the Order,
5 platinum per customised prize. Only items available from 24/7 will be accepted for customisation.
7. Extra items - Supply of additional items e.g. signup lists, event supplies, (e.g. combat equipment), invasions (limited to low level creatures
and low numbers) will be charged at 20 plat per event item. The numbers involved in these extra items will be negotiated between Speaker and Order GM.

Note on Gift Crates: Player made items will also be accepted along with items from 24/7 shops.

B) ADDITIONAL ORDER EVENTS: FEE FOR SERVICE PACKAGE.

Fees for additional events will be collected at the time of food/item delivery. Additional events (over and above the first free event) will be priced as follows:

a) 2 x announcements - at 15 and 30 minutes prior to the event (as well as Calendar & News items) – 5 plat per announcement.
b) Food & Drinks – 15 plat per table of 10 items per the Orders menu.
- 5 plat for every extra food or drink item over the 10 items, for either a standard or additional table.
- 2 plat per custom food or drink item, for items not on the Orders menu.
Note: If an Order uses the same food and drinks table as for its free event, then it will be supplied free of charge for additional events.
c) Gift crates – 50 plat per gift crate, gift to be supplied by the Order, customised by the Orders GM.
d) Prizes for additional events – 15 platinum per prize, supplied by Order and customised by the Order GM. Only items available from 24/7 will be accepted for customisation.
e) Extra items for additional events - Supply of additional items e.g. signup lists, event supplies, (e.g. combat equipment), invasions (limited to low level creatures
and low numbers) will be charged at 20 plat per event item.

Where an item is supplied by the Order, it must be supplied 2 weeks before the scheduled event. Delivery will be handled between the Order Speaker and Orders GM.

Where an Order runs multiple events per month, the cheapest event will be the free event regardless of whether the Order takes advantage of the full free event package. Where an Order runs a regular event, then the first scheduled regular event of the month will be the free event.

All Order Event requests must be submitted on the Order event request form by the Speaker or Vice Speaker of the Order and must be submitted by the 18th of the prior month with a 3 week lead time. Please be aware that although a member of an Order may be the main organiser of the event, the Orders GM will only liaise with the Speaker or Vice Speaker of the Order.

The Orders Food and Drink Menu (this may be expanded over time):

Prydaen Menu:

P1: a freshly carved flank of raw ram
P2: a bowl filled to overflowing with piping hot roasted cloves of garlic
P3: a stub of a tiny digit that appears to have been gnawed upon
P4: a hammered gold platter of raw pig feet garnished with apple slices
P5: a plate of raw troll legs decorated with sprigs of springy moss
P6: a black iron cage filled with squeaking mice
P7: an elegant silver platter with slices of raw ram tenderloin arranged atop crushed ice
P8: a deep bowl of rats in red wine sauce
P9: a salt water aquarium filled with crabs and fish.

Rakash Menu:

R1: a shallow dish of fragrant baked apples
R2: a white platter piled high with fried apple fritters dusted with sugar and cinnamon
R3: a ceramic platter filled with spicy peccary sausages sauteed in sweet onions and red peppers
R4: a gold platter filled with tiny snowbeast sausages skewered with little sword-shaped sticks and served with a spicy radish dip
R5: some rolled spicy pancakes stuffed with curried mince and horseradish

Drinks:

D1: a cut-crystal carafe of amber apple brandy
D2: a bucket of sour-mash moonshine
D3: some frosted-glass bottles of Dark Mule red tequila
D4: a flask of Katamba-black whiskey
D5: a "Darkstone Inn" stamped cask filled with Iron Hill whiskey
D6: a pitcher of iced tea
D7: some frosted-glass bottles of Dark Mule red tequila
D8: a cask of Dark Gwenalion Ale
D9: a peak-lid porcelain pot of spearmint catnip tea
D10: a bowl of sweet milk spiced with catnip
D11: a bowl of fizzing fruit punch
D12: some sparkling strawberry water
D13: a heavy carafe of fine red fratvarit.
D14: a round decanter of dark fratvarit.
D15: a bottle of Prydaen bloodwine.
D16: a stein of Troupe Reserve ale
D17: a Black Fox tea
D18: a Black Fox coffee
D19: a decanter of Dragonshield Schnapps
D20: a glass of red tequila
D21: some fermented frumenty
D22: a black tea
D23: a black coffee
D24: Bardic blue wine
D25: pink champagne

Food - Sweet:

FS1: a large spice cake
FS2: an apple fritter
FS3: a stack of fluffy pikelets
FS4: a fox-shaped white chocolate cookie
FS5: some apple-walnut cake
FS6: some double-fudge brownies
FS7: a chocolate cookie
FS8: a slice of frosted cake
FS9: a muffin
FS10: a fox-shaped chocolate cookie
FS11: a bag of popcorn
FS12: some bite-sized cheese tidbits
FS13: a chocolatey goblin brownie
FS14: a jelly-filled pig-shaped creampuff

Food - Savoury Appetizers Appetizer table:

SA1: a plate of sliced smoked beef and chive cream cheese wraps stuffed with red capsicum
SA2: a plate of baby fish cakes smothered in ginger and chilli sauce
SA3: a dish of steamed pork dumplings sitting in a coriander and sesame sauce
SA4: a silver bowl of asparagus and bean parcels each wrapped in a slice of fresh proscuitto
SA5: a bowl of golden potato wedges and salsa
SA6: a plate of small baby spinach leaves topped with shrimp and mango salad
SA7: some anchovy twists in a bowl
SA8: a small plate of oysters served on shell in a white wine and caviar dressing
SA9: some tiny golden puff pastry leek tartlets served on a plate
SA10: some cumin lamb cutlets sprinkled with chopped rosemary
SA11: a plate of roasted cherry tomato tarts in golden filo pastry cases
SA12: sour cream and salmon roe served on a buckwheat blini sprinkled with chives.

Food - Savoury Mains - Main Table:

SM1: a tortellini pasta bake
SM2: some fresh salad
SM3: a plate of spit-roasted venison steak basted with verjuice
SM4: a serving dish of golden girdle breads topped with a little ridged curl of butter
SM5: some spicy chicken wings
SM6: some spicy pork rinds
SM7: some creamy tuna salad
SM8: a lemon grass and garlic prawn skewer
SM9: a plate of marinated octopus
SM10: some golden pieces of braised chicken basted in a red wine and onion sauce
SM11: some baked white fish fillets served on a bed of lettuce
SM12: a tureen of roasted tomato and red lentil soup
SM13: some cumin lamb cutlets served on a bed of rosemary
SM14: some spiced rice served with roasted vegetables
SM15: a stuffed mushroom
SM16: some pea soup
SM17: spicy pork mince served in a lettuce cup.
Order Event Announcements and Food Tables 10/06/2009 12:30 AM CDT
I am very pleased to announce that Order Speakers can now summon and dismiss their own food tables for their events. They are also able to make their own announcements. This new feature of the scepters was made possible by the ever talented SGM Zadraes who never fails to live up to his reputation.

While I don't anticipate too many issues, I would like to ensure that we do not have these things lying about the place, so be sure to return your table to storage at the end of the event.

The scepters now also have a study feature which allows Speakers to see the commands at their disposal.

Please use this new feature prudently.

Ariawen.
Mentor Events and Teaching Nights 12/01/2010 11:12 AM CST
You may already have noticed this, but...

Previously, details of mentor events and teaching nights were in separate news items (one per event) in news category 4. We have now made two permanent news items that will always have the details of the events and teaching nights. Soo...

NEWS 4 3 -- this holds information about the repeating teaching nights (including guild nights and the new alchemy teaching nights).

NEWS 4 4 -- this holds information about upcoming special events, such as the jailbreaks and murder mysteries.

You will always be able to find information about mentor events in those two news items, so do check them regularly - and be sure to also double-check with the events calendar, as it may have further information about location (such as in those guild teaching nights that rotate between Riverhaven and Crossing).

It is our hope that, besides shortening and cleaning up NEWS 4 considerably, this will be an easier way for everyone to stay up with upcoming events and avoid missing out on something you'd have enjoyed.

Thank you!

-Vaeldriil

"Reject me not, sweet sounds! oh, let me live,
Till doom espy my towers and scatter them.
A city spell-bound under the aging sun,
Music my rampart, and my only one."
-Edna St. Vincent-Millay

This message was originally posted in Official and Player-Run Organizations, Mentors and Mentoring. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=38&topic=13&message=212