Lockpick Trainers 02/29/2020 09:49 AM CST
While the nixing of pet boxes was not unexpected with the release of BNE, a lot of people are left mad without a reliable way to train boxes as their lockpicking skills do not line up with their current combat skills. BNE only teaches so much to a non-Survival prime and folks don't like feeling pressured to buy MT trainer boxes to keep training.

In response,could we get lockpick training items added to tinkering? Of course they would be lesser quality than the MT boxes so instead of one box training all ranges forever, maybe have beginner, novice, etc. that train lockpicking for a certain range but also require a certain amount of engineering then maybe a technique or two to create best ones. Perhaps they should only be made from harvested wood and PC forged metal parts so one can't just plunk a bot down in the society to churn out 500 of them in ten minutes.

Make it a decent time/mat sacrifice but doable. I would dearly love something useful to make while training engineering instead of a forest of maple hair combs. I've never tried to harvest "good" lumber a single time in my 20+ years but I would absolutely start for this. The amount of engineering required should equal the lockpick skill required to open it so 1500 engineering is needed to make 1500-1750 trainers but its a whole lot less tedious to get there.