In all Instances 06/12/2016 03:53 PM CDT
Howdy folks. Tinkering is now live in all instances. I am slowly updating all the Halls to support it, and fixing bugs along the way. Hope to have more for you soon.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: In all Instances 06/12/2016 05:46 PM CDT
Many thanks for getting this out to prime.

Does this update include crafted tinker's tools?
Re: In all Instances 06/12/2016 10:59 PM CDT
Just so you know the Society Masters (I checked most cities) are still confused about tinkering being out. Despite a few differences they all said the same things.

>ask tali about tinkering
Talia takes a deep breath and says, "Crafting intricate devices out of an assortment of components is how the tinkerer spends his days. Unfortunately we are not yet offering instruction in the tinkering crafting Discipline."

> ask talia about tech crossbow basic
Talia says, "I cannot tell you anything about that technique."

They also seem to be confused if you just ask about technique they think you are trying to learn a tinkering one regardless:

>ask talia about techni
Talia shakes her head and says, "You are not yet ready to learn more tinkering techniques."
Re: In all Instances 06/14/2016 06:33 PM CDT
>I am slowly updating all the Halls to support it

The answer could be in the initial post.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: In all Instances 06/14/2016 08:41 PM CDT
>>>> I am slowly updating all the Halls to support it, and fixing bugs along the way.

Just in case you miss it, in addition to needing to be updated for tinkering, the Ratha hall seems to be unaware that shaping has been released
Re: In all Instances 06/15/2016 09:00 AM CDT
> The answer could be in the initial post.

Oh I know. I just also was pointing it out since the person in Fang Cove was never notified about Tinkering or any of the techniques and most people have had to choose based off names for a while now.
Re: In all Instances 06/15/2016 03:44 PM CDT
> The answer could be in the initial post.

>Oh I know. I just also was pointing it out since the person in Fang Cove was never notified about Tinkering or any of the techniques and most people have had to choose based off names for a while now.

Yeah, this has been an issue since release, even in FC. The society masters have been able to tech tinkering techniques but none of them can describe them, and the CRAFT verb won't even describe them after you've learned them.

>For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: In all Instances 06/15/2016 10:01 PM CDT
Hey folks. Descriptions for the techniques should now be live in Prime.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: In all Instances 06/15/2016 11:02 PM CDT
Hey Kodius,

When you use the Craft Shaping command, it gives you a text dump about tinkering techs:

>craft shaping
From the shaping crafting discipline you have been trained in Knowledge of the Simple Gearworking technique will improve your ability to create mechanisms from a gear press., Advanced Gearworking will reduce the time it takes to press mechanisms, and occasionally produce additional mechanisms from each ingot., Training with Crossbow Basics will reduce the complexity of making standard crossbow templates., Knowledge of Tinkering Specialization will improve the quality of all ingredients used to craft with., Study of Tinkering Theory will improve the quality of any tools used in the crafting process., and Mastery of Tinkering Acumen reduces the time each crafting action takes, and reduces tool wear during the process..

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: In all Instances 06/16/2016 03:40 AM CDT
He still doesn't know anything about individual techniques for tinkering.

And the following happens when you just ask about tech

ask paa about tec

Paarupensteen nods and says, "It seems you are ready to learn another tinkering technique."

Paarupensteen nods to himself and says, "Well then, I can teach you the tinkering techniques of Simple Gearworking, Arbalest Crafting, Advanced Balanced Crossbows, Advanced Boltmaking, Martial Tinkering, Locksmithing, Tinkered Maintenance and Tinkering Specialization. Ask me about learning one by name, and we can get started."

Paarupensteen nods and says, "It seems you are ready to learn another shaping technique."

Paarupensteen nods to himself and says, "Well then, I can teach you the shaping techniques of Knowledge of the Simple Gearworking technique will improve your ability to create mechanisms from a gear press., Rigorous study of Siege Engine Crafting will improve a crafter's skill with assembling these awe-inspiring machines of war., Experience with Advanced Boltmaking will reduce the difficulty of crafting most types of crossbow bolts., Acumen with the Siege Ammo Crafting technique will improve crafting of massive ammo types., Knowledge of the Locksmithing technique will improve crafting skill of basic lockpicks somewhat suited for picking all three types of locks., Rigorous study of Exotic Locksmithing enhances a crafter's skill with making lockpicks exceptionally-suited at picking one type of lock., With Tinkering Repair a crafter improves the amount of damage restored with each repair attempt., Knowledge of Tinkering Specialization will improve the quality of all ingredients used to craft with. and Shaper Specialization. Ask me about learning one by name, and we can get started."

Paarupensteen nods and says, "It seems you are ready to learn another carving technique."

Paarupensteen nods to himself and says, "Well then, I can teach you the carving techniques of Stone Container Design, Stone Furniture Design, Humanoid Form Carving, Decorative Stone Design, Bone Container Design and Bone Armor Strengthening. Ask me about learning one by name, and we can get started."
Re: In all Instances 06/16/2016 11:07 AM CDT
I've reverted the changes until I can look into it further. Not sure what happened there. Sorry!

Re: In all Instances 06/18/2016 07:22 PM CDT

Is Ductility different when mixing metals then the rest of the stats.Had some icesteel stretched from 4 volume to 5 .It retained all stats except the ductility went from 95 to 85.
Re: In all Instances 06/25/2016 08:19 PM CDT

Any idea how soon we will get some gear presses in Crossing society hall? Thanks.
Re: In all Instances 06/25/2016 08:47 PM CDT
Ok, hopefully this is now resolved. Let me know if you continue to have any problems.

Re: In all Instances 06/25/2016 08:51 PM CDT
Looks like there was a small bug in the mixing logic for metals with ductility. This should now be fixed for all newly created mechanisms.

Re: In all Instances 07/02/2016 10:02 PM CDT

ok So metal was fixed had the crossbow made

Goldwood and ice steel mechanisms

>examine cross
Steel mechanisms were used in the creation of this design. You see the initials "B. L." impressed into the surface of the wood.

Should it say icesteel there or just steel like it does
7 second load is awesome though

A goldwood battle crossbow with cable-backed limbs is a heavy crossbow type weapon.
A goldwood battle crossbow with cable-backed limbs trains the crossbow skill.

The battle crossbow is extremely well designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the crossbow is fairly balanced and is extremely well suited for adding attack power from its draw strength.

You are certain that the battle crossbow is of average construction, and is in pristine condition.

The battle crossbow is made with metal.
It appears that the battle crossbow can be slung over one shoulder.
You wonder if the battle crossbow might weigh a few hundred stones.
You are certain that the battle crossbow is worth exactly 360168 Dokoras.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
Re: In all Instances 07/03/2016 02:43 PM CDT
That is odd. I checked my logs and I used the icesteel mechanisms that we made together right before that.

>For some reason you just can't stop thinking about glarmencouplers.
Re: In all Instances 07/12/2016 07:18 PM CDT

>>ok So metal was fixed had the crossbow made

Goldwood and ice steel mechanisms

>examine cross
Steel mechanisms were used in the creation of this design. You see the initials "B. L." impressed into the surface of the wood.

Should it say icesteel there or just steel like it does
7 second load is awesome though

A goldwood battle crossbow with cable-backed limbs is a heavy crossbow type weapon.
A goldwood battle crossbow with cable-backed limbs trains the crossbow skill.

The battle crossbow is extremely well designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the crossbow is fairly balanced and is extremely well suited for adding attack power from its draw strength.

You are certain that the battle crossbow is of average construction, and is in pristine condition.

The battle crossbow is made with metal.
It appears that the battle crossbow can be slung over one shoulder.
You wonder if the battle crossbow might weigh a few hundred stones.
You are certain that the battle crossbow is worth exactly 360168 Dokoras.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.<<
Re: In all Instances 07/15/2016 08:54 AM CDT
In my opinion, it looks like tinkering was thrown together and released haphazardly.

'Tinkering', as you stated is only half released, and would be a waste of a career or hobby.

Some of the one's I've seen/built are 300-350 stone weapons. One crossbow weighs more than my whole armor set up...and then some.
This was just poor planning and did not account for wood density to play into so many systems....crossbows, stick bows, martial weapons.

I am glad I held onto my HX repeater. After making some new basilisk bolts it'll pack a punch.

Bolts appear to be the biggest thing that affects your damage now. Just make sure to use the new bolts. Especially since that release also killed a huge corner of the market (pulzones).
Re: In all Instances 07/15/2016 09:06 AM CDT

Type of wood used does alter the weight quite a bit. Using mistwood for arbalests/heavy crossbow or I believe silverwood for stonebow/light crossbow should help out.

You can see below that even using the heaviest of templates that the weight can be dropped to about what a 14 shot repeater weighs.

The thing hits like a truck and trains great at least from my perspective.

A mistwood battle arbalest is a heavy crossbow type weapon.
A mistwood battle arbalest trains the crossbow skill.

The battle arbalest is superbly (13/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the arbalest is terribly (1/17) balanced and is amazingly (15/17) suited for adding attack power from its draw strength.

You are certain that the battle arbalest is a bit safeguarded against damage (10/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The battle arbalest is made with metal.
You are certain that the battle arbalest weighs exactly 168 stones.
You are certain that the battle arbalest is worth exactly 468875 Kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
R>