skills that can be taught in combat 08/14/2011 01:22 AM CDT
I know there are a number of skills anyone can teach while in combat, but there are a few skills that only certain guilds can teach in combat. An example would be War Mages teaching Targeted Magic. Recently I was talking with an Empath friend of mine. He showed me that Empaths can teach First Aid in combat.

That got me to wondering if I, as a Moon Mage, have a certain skill that I can teach while in combat. I also wonder if there is a list of skills that different guilds can teach while in combat.

You do an incredible backflip with a beautiful twist rotation, gaining nearly five feet of air and landing neatly on your feet without so much as a wobble!
Re: skills that can be taught in combat 08/14/2011 10:05 AM CDT
Backstab can be taught in combat by Thieves to other Thieves.

Bards can teach anything teachable by bards to anyone. <in other words not scouting, astrology, thanatology, etc>

WMs, as mentioned, can teach TM to anyone in combat.
Empaths, as mentioned, can teach FA to anyone in combat.

That's it as far as it goes.

The normal <other> skills that may be taught in combat <by anyone to anyone> are any weapon, any armor, and evasion and skinning from the survival skills.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: skills that can be taught in combat 08/14/2011 11:06 AM CDT
Thanks for the reply.

It would have been nice to find more guilds had their own special class to teach.

You do an incredible backflip with a beautiful twist rotation, gaining nearly five feet of air and landing neatly on your feet without so much as a wobble!
Re: skills that can be taught in combat 08/14/2011 11:35 AM CDT
>It would have been nice to find more guilds had their own special class to teach.

The opposite is generally true actually. Teaching sucks enough as it is, putting artificial limiters on it wouldn't do anything but artificially make it seem like guilds had 'a niche'.

This can be better defined and illustrated other ways.

Please remember: just because a post is 'new to you' doesn't mean we have any idea what you're responding to. Quotes is your friend.
Re: skills that can be taught in combat 08/14/2011 12:50 PM CDT
>Teaching sucks enough as it is, putting artificial limiters on it wouldn't do anything but artificially make it seem like guilds had 'a niche'.

+1

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: skills that can be taught in combat 08/14/2011 01:04 PM CDT
yeah, same goes for not being able to teach magic skills <except for MD> as a nmu. oh well. teaching will be passe once it combines with scholarship as academics i think will be the name.

And i hope we'll be able to teach the various magical skills, no mattter which guild, nmu or mu, since everyone <except traders> is getting their own version of "magic".

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: skills that can be taught in combat 08/14/2011 04:36 PM CDT
>The opposite is generally true actually. Teaching sucks enough as it is, putting artificial limiters on it wouldn't do anything but artificially make it seem like guilds had 'a niche'.

I see not being able to teach as a limit, not the other way around. Interesting point of view. I need to rethink what it means to limit something, and why that's a good thing. Maybe teaching wouldn't suck so much if it were less limited. I find the ability to join a class without asking for the teacher to teach me is much less limiting, and it seems to help the entire "class" process.