Crafting and customizations 03/20/2021 10:03 PM CDT
I'm sure this has been discussed repeatedly in the past, please forgive me if so but the Crafter's Union suggested I lay this here.

What are the chances that we will see a customization process involving multiple crafts used in the craft system? By this I mean that a final product, we'll use a sword as an example, rather than all of the components disappearing in the final craft, it could be a more obvious customization, showing the wood of the handle, maybe a carving option, the blade, and the finish, like honed, balanced, tempered.

So the customer could have a handle carved professionally and that handle could be used for the sword and show its look. For instance, as an example of a final product you have "A balanced Kertig longsword with a twisted rockwood handle". The engineering system already has some really great opportunities for customizations with the mechs on crossbows that could be shown rather than hidden by the final product.

This could be a carrot for high ranked crafters, the ability to customize crafts as a master-crafter aside from just the stamp, plus a nice opportunity to own a master-crafted item touched by multiple legendary practitioners.

As I said above, forgive me if this is a reiteration of an old and beaten subject. I also admit fully to having no idea whatsoever the amount of work required to pull something like this off, but I wanted to throw it out there.

Talvor - Old Man - Glad to be back
Re: Crafting and customizations 03/21/2021 07:12 AM CDT
Welcome back, Talvor! And yes, I think I would like to see the materials in crafting too. I think it could be done with artistry, but I'm not sure that has been released yet- or is ready to release as such. Still, one can hope!

Ryeka and company

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy