Maker's Mark trade-ins 01/07/2020 02:04 PM CST
Might be a niche request, but would be nice if I could turn in my old steel maker's mark for a fresh set of (same level) maker's mark instructions.

I earned my simple maker's mark a few years back for blacksmithing, and didn't have the silversteel to make a truly robust one, so had to use steel. Now that I have the metal, I've let my blacksmithing word orders slip, and Yalda looks at me like I'm a stranger. Being able to "upgrade" a maker's mark to a better material (note, I'm not talking about upgrading to any kind of more advanced maker's mark type, just the physical material) without having to essentially earn one from scratch again would be hugely helpful.

~Aislynn, queuing up a bajillion blankets just in case
Re: Maker's Mark trade-ins 01/17/2020 12:53 PM CST
Revamp [hand clap emoji] The [hand clap emoji] Prestige [hand clap emoji] System [hand clap emoji]

I don't care about the "Top X crafter lists," if you don't want someone to become cream of the crop then drop off the face of the earth, similar to the renown scrolls in guilds, I totally support that, but erasing the hill I slogged up to earn my mark because I took a break from DR is very frustrating/disheartening.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Maker's Mark trade-ins 01/17/2020 08:12 PM CST
Completely agree.

You can't get past Peerless.. I tried. With ~26,000 hard work orders completed I never got past peerless (which you hit at ~12,000 hard work orders).

The worst part was being hit by a bug and having my prestige sent to the negatives overnight. At that point I took a break.

Prestige should be a set value that you gain the more you do and it should never go away.

It should also be separate than the leade rboards, which should be based upon a rotating monthly or yearly cycle that clears that cycle's results and starts fresh. The more you do within that cycle, the higher on the board you are for that cycle. Then it restarts the next month. Which then makes it more fair to everyone involved because they aren't competing against years worth of work, but just within that cycle's.

But your prestige itself should never change. Picasso has been dead almost 50 years, but if anything his prestige has only grown. An artist or crafter's prestige wouldn't vanish just because they don't work for a while.