Appraisal Upgrades 07/06/2018 12:57 PM CDT
I think we can all agree that appraisal is still not quite where it needs to be. After a couple hundred ranks, you can get accurate appraisals on everything except for a meaningless coin value for super-expensive items. And yet, even with high ranks, you can't often can't appraise accurately enough to really compare items, leading people to use out-of-game resources.

I'd propose:

1. Smaller appraisal ranges with skill. Exact appraisals on weapons/armor with 1500 ranks?

2. QOL change but a reduction of RT with skill. If an appraisal no longer teaches much, allow a RT reduction. Appraising your armor for damage should only take a couple seconds at some point. A quick glance at a gem should be sufficient to get an accurate (if not exact) value.
Re: Appraisal Upgrades 07/06/2018 01:21 PM CDT
As long as we're having a wishlist...

3. Untie armor ranks from determining how well you can appraise armor durability. It's just really weird that I can appraise everything about plate armor perfectly except how durable it is, because I lack plate armor ranks. It's not like I need weapon ranks to appraise weapon durability. As far as I can tell this is the only appraisal value that checks a combat skill alongside appraisal itself.

4. Give us those sweet sweet number values as a QOL benefit. A good chunk of the population uses subs as it is, so you might as well make it an in-game feature

5. Allow everyone to do something like APPRAISAL SHIRT KRONAR to get a value in a specific coin value. Traders still benefit from being able to get all values at once through the default verb, but once again as a QOL thing it wouldn't hurt to let everyone get specific coin values so updating epedia is a bit friendlier.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Appraisal Upgrades 07/06/2018 02:30 PM CDT
>5. Allow everyone to do something like APPRAISAL SHIRT KRONAR to get a value in a specific coin value. Traders still benefit from being able to get all values at once through the default verb, but once again as a QOL thing it wouldn't hurt to let everyone get specific coin values so updating epedia is a bit friendlier.

This would be nice too.
Re: Appraisal Upgrades 07/06/2018 04:25 PM CDT
I support all of these ideas.

- Navesi
Re: Appraisal Upgrades 07/06/2018 06:26 PM CDT
Yes to all this. Double yes to the reduced RT. 16 seconds just to see some values that teaches me nothing is frustrating.

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim