Whittling 06/26/2018 07:42 PM CDT

The whittling skill would be fun. Simply take up a carving knife and whittle a branch or limb to create everything from whistles, boxes, sling ammo, stamps, instruments, and so forth. I'd whittle me some false teeth.
X

Re: Whittling 06/28/2018 04:12 PM CDT
Whittling could be fun.

Do you picture it tying into any other systems, or just being a thing you can do with your spare time? Would it teach anything?

And maybe more importantly, what would you end up doing with the countless whistles, boxes, sling ammos, stamps, instruments, and so forths you'd end up with after a few hours of whittling?

Oh, and most important, what would you whistle while you whittled?

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Whittling 06/29/2018 12:26 AM CDT
It could be neat if whittling was another form of shaping.. sort of like how knitting is sort of a light version of leather/cloth working in tailoring, requiring less tools.

You could whittle an image out of the design codex ( https://elanthipedia.play.net/Design_codex ) with just a carving knife and raw lumber.
Difficulty would scale on the workability of the material, size of the material you start with (and size of the resulting item) and the difficulty of the image you are whittling.

As new designs are added to the codex for...the other crafts that the codex is used for, it would also be available for whittling.
Re: Whittling 07/03/2018 11:08 PM CDT
>>Do you picture it tying into any other systems, or just being a thing you can do with your spare time? Would it teach anything?<<

Someone has to make all of the wooden decorations for the people who do Artistry when that comes out.

You can't tell us some bards wouldn't love to be able to make some of their own, or for newbies, simple instruments.

Wands for enchanting.

>>Oh, and most important, what would you whistle while you whittled?<<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP2lyc53qtI

~Kehlbins
Re: Whittling 07/04/2018 09:47 AM CDT
snrkt

That video made me laugh.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff