Craft Discipline interactions and customisation 12/04/2017 11:12 AM CST
Im not sure if this has been brought up before but I was thinking about how to make some of the crafting systems of use in other crafting systems, while also expanding our ability to personalise our items.

What if we added a new cosmetic items category to each of the crafting disciplines?

For example, in Engineering, the ability to create weapon hilts/shafts (for Forging), buckles/buttons/toggles (for Outfitting), containers (for Alchemy) and Im not sure what for Enchanting (since Im not sure yet how that will look).

Similarly to how a crafter decides whether to apply their makers mark stamp to an item, or not, there could be an additional step at the end of the crafting process to apply one of these items to the finished product. So you could make a Tempered Steel Bastard Sword as you can now, and then at the end, apply a Silverwood hilt created via Shaping giving you a Tempered Steel Bastard Sword with a Silverwood hilt.

Other examples would be some Heavy Imperial Weave gloves with Senci buckles (created via stone Carving), or some Stomach Tonic in a Granite bottle.

This sort of thing would give us the ability to have a little extra creative flair in our products, while also giving some small scale interaction between the various crafts (Forging and Enchanting when its released already have that in the way of Forging making all the tools all the crafts need and Enchanting applying its various stuff to items).

Good idea? Bad idea?
Cheers,
Arv

The arrow lands a massive (12/23) strike that chills the left knee for a moment with a frosty blow, lightly stunning him.

>>He was a decent Ranger until he took an arrow to the knee.
Re: Craft Discipline interactions and customisation 12/05/2017 07:18 AM CST
I like the idea quite a bit. I want to say that at some time there were plans to have systems like this. Or maybe I'm just remembering someone else making similar suggestions? I would love to see more customization options starting with the dye system (and crafted dyes).

Then I want a system that allows transfer of tap/look to identical noun items (based on player ranks). I want to take my old altered arm pouch and apply it's cool look to my newly tailored plain-looking arm pouch (in the process destroying the old pouch). See also forge binding.

~Hunter Hanryu
>I did not sit down and said "Screw the Rangers, I will cancel all development for them and bake cookies instead."~Armifer
Re: Craft Discipline interactions and customisation 12/05/2017 07:39 AM CST

>>I want to say that at some time there were plans to have systems like this.

Something something Artistry something. Coming to you "soon".