Reduced Repair Attempts 06/12/2016 09:29 AM CDT
Kodius, would you be willing to consider reducing the amount of actions required to repair damaged gear in a way that it scales with ranks (so long as you have the advanced repair techs)?

Example: practically destroyed takes x actions with the advanced repair techs up to say 100 ranks of that discipline. x-1 action 101-200 ranks in that discipline... all the way down to 1 attempt with say 1600+ ranks. Just using random numbers as an illustration.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Reduced Repair Attempts 06/12/2016 09:42 AM CDT
Edit: Maintenance techs not advanced (although advanced does lead to them).

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Reduced Repair Attempts 06/12/2016 11:55 AM CDT
To piggyback on this, I'd love to see repairs teach better and/or get improved roundtimes, too. I can fully repair three dozen+ tools yet not get past dabbling.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Reduced Repair Attempts 06/12/2016 12:21 PM CDT
Love this suggestion, and it would make me consider picking the maintenance techs again.

>>or get improved roundtimes, too.

Tools/oils with increased speed will lower the RTs significantly. I get RTs in the 6-8 second range per step when I have the faster items from HE fest while repairing my stuff. I'll second your more exp request, though.
Re: Reduced Repair Attempts 06/12/2016 12:33 PM CDT
>>Tools/oils with increased speed will lower the RTs significantly. I get RTs in the 6-8 second range per step when I have the faster items from HE fest while repairing my stuff. I'll second your more exp request, though.

True, but right now I only have those 500 unit brushes from Riot I (which are the same as the 50 unit ones from the shop) and oils from the shop/dropped mobs.

I don't mind skill not improving RT reduction chances with normal crafting, because the general skill benefit is making better stuff, but it feels like once you can repair something to the cap of what you can do, being "better" in the skill doesn't do all that much.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Reduced Repair Attempts 06/12/2016 02:38 PM CDT
Yes please. I'd have a reason to train crafting skills again.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs