Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/02/2016 03:00 PM CDT

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Trader folder, but since it's a suggestion about a Lore skill, it goes here.

Can the scholarship learning rate of studying ledgers be raised? At only 145 in Scholarship, and studying the entirety of my ledger (which takes several minutes to complete), my scholarship moved a whopping 2/34.

What are these ledgers for, besides a reference for contracts traded that nobody ever refers to? For those of us who are not on the Zoluren roads with our caravans, and therefore can't easily sit in on a class or get to the gallery every day to study the artwork it would help a lot to have an alternative way to learn.

Just my two lirum. Thanks.

~Player of Aathan Cinderfield
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/02/2016 03:33 PM CDT

Anatomy charts and crafting books should also work for scholarship training. Generally the hardest chart that you can study should work the best because it will take the longest to finish. I've found that the wiki page on anatomy charts might be out of date; all of my roundtimes were 10 sec and I was able to study charts with less scholarship that listed, but I don't have extensive numbers.
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/02/2016 04:57 PM CDT
>>What are these ledgers for, besides a reference for contracts traded that nobody ever refers to?

I have only ever used it as a reference. I can't say how often I would if I did contract trading but it was nice to have when I was starting out.

RECALL <critter> also teaches a very minor amount of scholarship in combat. I believe the timer is ~25 minutes. I'm not sure, but some of the other RECALL commands used to teach as well.

- Navesi
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 02:43 AM CDT
> I've found that the wiki page on anatomy charts might be out of date; all of my roundtimes were 10 sec and I was able to study charts with less scholarship that listed, but I don't have extensive numbers.

All of the information on that page was checked out with GM Naohhi when the new charts were recently released. The chart numbers were given to me directly from her to be updated. The information on the top she reviewed, and I made a few minor corrections. Nothing on that page should be out of date at this time.

"Charts have a STUDY Round Time of 10-60 seconds. Your scholarship must be twice that of what is listed in the table below to consistently achieve a 10 sec RT. First Aid skill has no impact on STUDY RT."

To consistently get 10 seconds you need more than twice what is listed. It's entirely possible to see 10 seconds before that, but you won't always hit it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 09:05 AM CDT

Eh, anatomy charts at the low end only require half the listed scholarship to successfully attempt a study and gain experience, However by around 300-400 ranks in the charts you need to start having that ranks identical to the list. I've tested this over multiple characters and every time it's half the listed scholarship to start for the low ranks, then exactly listed scholarship to be able to start for the upper tier charts.
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 11:22 AM CDT
>To consistently get 10 seconds you need more than twice what is listed.

That's not working then. I first saw 10 second RT on a rat chart with 8 scholarship. With 27 scholarship I'm currently getting 10 RT on everything from rat to badger, including the racial anatomy charts rated as requiring 100 scholarship that I can't get experience from. I have thus far never seen a RT greater than 10 seconds.

>anatomy charts at the low end only require half the listed scholarship to successfully attempt a study and gain experience

Yep, that's what I'm seeing too. Small data:

Scholar Chart Listed
15 deer/gob 30
22 wild boar 40
27 striped badger 50

Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 04:21 PM CDT
<<when the new charts were recently released>>

Wait, what? It seems like a handful of releases are going unannounced lately, and I hope that trend can be stopped. There were a couple in that May recap post that hadn't been announced whenever they went live too. The Elanthipedia page in question seems to suggest that these new charts are in some premium shop somewhere?

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 04:22 PM CDT
It was announced somewhere, I forget where. Advanced Anatomy in Fang Cove. One east of the portal.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 04:33 PM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Advanced_Anatomy New shop in Fang Cove, also boasts compendiums that hold up to 20 charts. Head to fang cove, on the southern most road go to the right and look for a tent with animal hides or something. It's a permanent type and not a festival shop, so there's still time to head there.

The Anatomy Charts page was updated to have them all at a glance: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Anatomy_charts All of the shops, including Advanced Anatomy, are listed beside the charts for easy planning and shopping.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 08:08 PM CDT
Neat, thanks.

-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Studying Trader Ledgers for Scholarship 06/03/2016 10:10 PM CDT
Doesn't Intelligence play a role, as well? I'm almost, like 50% certain it does.

GENT