Unable to make arrows 04/04/2020 12:47 PM CDT
I'm new to this. I haven't logged in since 2011....

Anyway, I dumped 92 ranks of Mech Lore into Shaping, since I've always enjoyed arrow making. It appears all my old arrowheads don't work. That's okay. Went out and chopped down some trees, and killed a few cougars and boars. However, my arrows seemed to be confused on what type of arrows they want to be.

>turn book to page 3
You turn your book to page 3, instructions for crafting boar-tusk arrows.
>study book
You review the boar-tusk arrows instructions and confidently discern most of the design's minutiae.
You now feel ready to begin the crafting process.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

>shape my shaft with my shaper
You place the excess parts at your feet.
You flip some unfinished boar-tusk arrows over and begin to shape it with your shaper.

The arrows are ready for an application of glue to affix the arrowheads.
Roundtime: 16 sec.

>assemble my arrowheads with my arrows
The boar-tusk arrowheads is not required to continue crafting some unfinished boar-tusk arrows, so you stop assembling them.

>shape my arrows with shaper

You need another cougar-claw arrowheads to continue crafting some unfinished boar-tusk arrows. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them

>get c arrowh
You get some cougar-claw arrowheads from inside your deerskin quiver.
>assembl my arrows with my arrowh
You place your arrowheads with your boar-tusk arrows and carefully mark where it will attach when you continue crafting.
>apply glue to my arrows
You apply some glue to your arrows and affix each arrowhead in place.
Roundtime: 11 sec.
R>
>anal arrow
>
You analyze the boar-tusk arrows and learn more about its construction.
When crafting is complete these will be a type of animal part arrows.
The arrows is ready for shaping with a wood shaper.
From the progress so far, it looks like the arrows are of superior quality.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
R>
>get shaper
You get a wood shaper from inside your oilcloth rucksack.
>shape my arrows with shaper
You lap the arrow shafts with your shaper and add gentle ribs to the wood surface.
Roundtime: 12 sec.
R>shape my arrows with shaper
Using abrupt motions you shape a series of grooves into your arrow shafts.
Roundtime: 20 sec.
R>shape my arrows with shaper
You lap the arrow shafts with your shaper and add gentle ribs to the wood surface.

A handful of rough edges require carving with a knife to remove.
Roundtime: 22 sec.

>carve arrows with c knife
Using slow strokes you scrape away some rough edges on the arrows using a green carving knife engraved with the form of a dragon in flight.
Roundtime: 11 sec.

>shape arrows with shaper

The arrows are ready for an application of glue to attach the flights.
Roundtime: 21 sec.

You need another arrow flights to continue crafting some unfinished boar-tusk arrows. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

>get flights
You get some feather flights from inside your oilcloth rucksack.

>assemble flights with arrow
You cannot find a way to assemble some feather flights with some unfinished boar-tusk arrows.
>assemble arrow with flights
You cannot find a way to assemble some unfinished boar-tusk arrows with some feather flights.

When I attempt to create cougar-claw arrows, I get prompted for boar-tusk arrowheads. And when I attempt to create boar-tusk arrowheads, I get prompted for cougar-claw arrowheads. The unfinished arrows accept the wrong arrowhead, but i'm unable to add flights.

At first I was trying old flights, so I figured I'd run down to Leth and buy some new ones. The new ones didn't work either, but the shop still seems to sell all the old fletching supplies. So maybe I just need to buy the flights from somewhere else? (couldn't find them in the engineering society)

Or they should work, and I'm unable to finish the arrows because of some weirdness with the arrowhead types not matching the arrow types.
Re: Unable to make arrows 04/05/2020 12:07 PM CDT

Yeah the flights in the fletching shops don't work now. You have to buy them from the engineering societies now. In Shard when you go into the society you can ORDER supplies I believe the flights are there. Don't remember where in Crossing the supply shop is in the society.

Bluefalcon