How does one start the fletching after the book is studies? 10/16/2017 11:58 AM CDT
I've got a cougar arrowhead made and an arrow shaft, but the shaping book seems to give me no clue as to what to do to initiate the crafting process after I study the book, and when I analyze the arrowhead and the shaft, neither informs of what to do next. So what is the first action I take to fletch the arrows?

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=Gamin
Re: How does one start the fletching after the book is studies? 10/16/2017 01:27 PM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Shaping_guide#Arrow_making

Shaper in one hand, shafts in the other, shape shaft with shaper.

The clue is in the line of the instruction book " This item is listed as a "animal part arrows" ingredient type and is created using a wood shaper, some wood glue and wood stain". Usually the beginning tool (shaper) is going to be in that line.

It IS one of the more glaring omissions in the Crafting books. The Fletching chapter needs a 'making an arrow' page instead of just 'making arrowheads, making shafts' pages.

>get coin
You try to get some mounds of platinum coins, but they're out of reach.
>wail
You begin an eerie, warbling wail of despair.
Re: How does one start the fletching after the book is studies? 10/16/2017 02:32 PM CDT
>>It IS one of the more glaring omissions in the Crafting books. The Fletching chapter needs a 'making an arrow' page instead of just 'making arrowheads, making shafts' pages.<<

Thank you for the help Clearleaf. Yeah, I think some of the crafting books need some more fine tuning on the instructions.

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Now what's wrong with fletching? 10/16/2017 02:58 PM CDT
ou analyze the cougar-claw arrows and learn more about its construction.
When crafting is complete these will be a type of animal part arrows.
The arrows must have glue applied to them for affixing the arrowheads.
From the progress so far, it looks like the arrows are of outstanding quality.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
>get glue
You get some wood glue from inside your tinker's pack.
>apply glue to arrows

You need another cougar-claw arrowheads to continue crafting some unfinished cougar-claw arrows. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

[Ingredients can be added by using ASSEMBLE Ingredient1 WITH Ingredient2]
>stow glue
You put your glue in your tinker's pack.
>get arrowhead
You get some cougar-claw arrowheads from inside your tinker's pack.
>count arrowheads
There are enough left to create three more batches of arrows.
>assemble arrows with arrowhead
The arrows must be finished before assembling it with the arrowheads.
>analyze arrows
You analyze the cougar-claw arrows and learn more about its construction.
From the progress so far, it looks like the arrows are of outstanding quality.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
>stow arrowheads
You put your arrowheads in your tinker's pack.
>get glue
You get some wood glue from inside your tinker's pack.
>apply glue to arrows

You need another cougar-claw arrowheads to continue crafting some unfinished cougar-claw arrows. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

>stow glue

It says to apply glue but when I apply glue it says I need to assemble and when I assemble it says I need to finish the arrows first.

Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? 10/16/2017 06:58 PM CDT
I'm assuming a parsing/whatever issue of some sort.

Maybe flip flop to 'assemble arrowhead with arrows', or healthy dose of 'my' in there like 'assemble my arrowhead with my arrows'.

>get coin
You try to get some mounds of platinum coins, but they're out of reach.
>wail
You begin an eerie, warbling wail of despair.
Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? 10/17/2017 12:22 PM CDT
>>I'm assuming a parsing/whatever issue of some sort.<<

I put the word cougar in front of arrows and arrowheads and this seemed to get it to work.

Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? STILL NOT WORKING from 2017. Help please? 11/27/2019 10:17 PM CST
It says it needs glue, I've tried new glue, old glue, new shafts, every combo of arrows and arrowhead, my arrows, my basilisk arrows. You name it, I've tried every combo. They used to work just fine. It broke and I can't figure out how to get past this step. I've also tried carving with a knife and shaping with a shaper to see if it's just firing the wrong messaging. Nope. Can anyone successfully fletch? Am I doing something wrong now that worked fine back when this was released? Do I require a tech and it's just not telling me a need one to apply glue?

LOG:
> analyze my arrows
You analyze every minute detail of the basilisk arrows and smile knowingly to yourself.
From the progress so far, it looks like the arrows are masterfully-crafted.
The arrows are a challenging piece to make.
You estimate that they are one-fifth done.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
R> put my arrowhead in my satchel

You put your arrowhead in your crafting satchel.
> get my glue

You get some wood glue from inside your crafting satchel.
> apply my glue to my arrows

You need another basilisk arrowheads to continue crafting some unfinished basilisk arrows. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

> put my glue in my satchel
get my basilisk.arrowhead

You put your glue in your crafting satchel.
>
You get a basilisk arrowhead from inside your crafting satchel.
> assemble my basilisk.arrowhead with my arrows
You cannot find a way to assemble a basilisk arrowhead with some unfinished basilisk arrows.
> analyze my arrows
You analyze every minute detail of the basilisk arrows and smile knowingly to yourself.
R>
[Script paused: shape.cmd]
stow arr
...wait 2 seconds.
R> stow arr

You put your arrowhead in your fur rucksack.
> get shaper

You get a steel jagged wood shaper with a tempered finish from inside your crafting satchel.
> shape arrows with my shaper

You need another basilisk arrowheads to continue crafting some unfinished basilisk arrows. You believe you can assemble the two ingredients together once you acquire them.

> put sha in my sat

You put your shaper in your crafting satchel.
> get car kni

You get a steel carving knife with a tempered blade from inside your crafting satchel.
> carve my arrows with my knif

> put kni in my sat

You put your knife in your crafting satchel.
> get glu

> apply glue to my arrow

> apply glue to my arrows

> tap my arrows
You tap some unfinished basilisk arrows that you are holding.
> put glu in my sat

You put your glue in your crafting satchel.
> get arrowh

You get a basilisk arrowhead from inside your fur rucksack.
> assem arrowh with arrows
You cannot find a way to assemble a basilisk arrowhead with some unfinished basilisk arrows.
> anal arrows
R> assem my bas arrowh with my basil arrow
You cannot find a way to assemble a basilisk arrowhead with a basilisk arrowhead.
> assem my bas arrowh with my basil arrows
> assem my basilisk arrowh with my basilisk arrows
> assem my basilisk arrowhead with my basilisk arrows
> stow arr

You put your arrowhead in your fur rucksack.
> get my glu

> apply my glue to my basilisk arrows

> apply my glue to basilisk arrows

> apply glue to basilisk arrows

>

> stow glu

You put your glue in your fur rucksack.
> get arrow
You are already holding that.
> get arrowh

You get a basilisk arrowhead from inside your fur rucksack.
> assem basilisk arrowhead with basilisk arrows
> assem my basilisk arrowhead with my basilisk arrows
>
Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? STILL NOT WORKING from 2017. Help please? 11/28/2019 11:00 AM CST
Just wondering if you need another set of unfinished basilisk arrowheads and assemble the two pieces?

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? STILL NOT WORKING from 2017. Help please? 11/28/2019 10:09 PM CST
The glue step fails so I can't attach the arrowhead to the shafts. I've tried old glue and bought new glue. No luck
Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? STILL NOT WORKING from 2017. Help please? 11/30/2019 12:51 PM CST
How old are the arrowheads? I've noticed myself that if I keep arrowheads for over a year, they seem to deteriorate on me at least.
Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? STILL NOT WORKING from 2017. Help please? 12/01/2019 07:54 AM CST
Good question. I'm not sure but I'll get some new fangs today and try again. Thanks for the idea, I'll update!
Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? STILL NOT WORKING from 2017. Help please? 12/01/2019 12:00 PM CST
That was it. Apparently only freshly made arrowheads will work. Ones that have been sitting on a character a while won't. How weird. Thanks for the help!
Re: Now what's wrong with fletching? STILL NOT WORKING from 2017. Help please? 12/06/2019 10:37 AM CST
Great!! Glad we were able to help you out. I just figure if I've had anything for a long time to get new materials, no matter what crafting system I'm using.