Diamondwood weapons 11/28/2016 08:46 AM CST
Anyone had made any of the stave weapons with diamondwood yet? Curious on the stats vs rockwood and darkspine.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Diamondwood weapons 12/11/2016 07:54 PM CST
I was curious too, so I asked Nasrid and Larienna of Naslar Woods etc (sorry drawing a blank on their business name) to make one for me.

A diamondwood bo staff is a quarter staff pole-ranged weapon.
A diamondwood bo staff trains the stave skill.

You are certain that it could do:
moderate puncture damage
fair slice damage
extreme impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The bo staff is well designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the staff is decently balanced and is very well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bo staff is quite fragile and easily damaged, and is in pristine condition.

You are certain that the bo staff weighs exactly 80 stones.
You are certain that the bo staff is worth about 4550000 Kronars.

I updated e-pedia if you wanted to compare a rockwood bo staff to a diamondwood variety:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weapon:Bo_staff_(crafted)

I believe the same folks made the diamondwood quarterstaff version:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weapon:Quarterstaff_(wood)

I'm really hoping that enchanting will make diamondwood viable as I feel a paid quest only wood "should" have better stats than rockwood... I'm tempted to try and collect greenheart wood just to see an appraisal.

-Wooden Weapons Collector
Re: Diamondwood weapons 12/12/2016 07:34 AM CST
Thanks. That does suck paying for quests or a ton of plats at HE for lesser stats than a very rare type you can lumberjack if lucky enough to find it.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Diamondwood weapons 12/13/2016 12:22 AM CST

Still hoping for the release of new wooden weapon templates.

I'd love a Diamondwood Greatsword!

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Diamondwood weapons 12/13/2016 10:59 AM CST
>I'd love a Diamondwood Greatsword!

Rockwood would out perform because of density.