work orders - experience level req 02/28/2016 09:42 PM CST
At what experience level will my bands, toe rings etc. be of a high enough quality to actually bundle with the logbook? I have 45 engineering and cannot complete a work order yet.

If I could use master crafted tools that would help but I don't have access to any tools other than what is in the Engineering Society.
Re: work orders - experience level req 02/28/2016 09:54 PM CST
A little more information would be helpful. What are you carving out of?

It seems like you are asking for easy or challenging work orders, so I'd check that you are shaping a high-workability material like balsa.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: work orders - experience level req 02/28/2016 10:07 PM CST

I've tried carving out of balsa, cherry, hickory, birch etc. None of them have provided me with a high enough quality item to bundle. The last WO I attempted was for "easy shaping work" from Talia. I made toe rings out of balsa using tools bought in the society. My current engineering skill is 45. The toe rings would not bundle with the logbook.
Re: work orders - experience level req 02/28/2016 10:44 PM CST
Have you repaired your tools?

-Dartellum Waddle

Vote for DR: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: work orders - experience level req 03/03/2016 02:20 AM CST
Starting off nothing will be good enough. Just keep at it and you'll eventually get there. I've done 100% of my shaping using the engineering society shared equipment from the rooms. Balsa is the easiest wood and most likely to get you there the fastest. Don't forget to learn techniques! Shaper Specialization and Shaper Theory should level up the quality of your work faster!

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: work orders - experience level req 03/03/2016 01:00 PM CST
Definately check your tool repair... It seems very odd as you should not be having any trouble in balsa. What qualify are your finished products? Are you doing all event prompts?

---

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: work orders - experience level req 03/04/2016 07:31 PM CST

OK - I just repaired all my tools and they had barely any damage. After getting the tools back I went to the Town Green to forage limbs and make bands. Sure enough when I tried to bundle them with the logbook it worked no problem. So I tried challenging and hard work orders and these bundled as well.

I went back to the society and tried to make an easy work order with the provided tools and couldn't get the toe rings to bundle with the logbook.

Does anyone know what level of experience is needed to make the provided tools able to fill work orders?
Re: work orders - experience level req 03/04/2016 09:38 PM CST
You're using foraged wood? There's your problem. That stuff is all low quality. You'll be better off with society bought wood or lumberjacked wood.
Re: work orders - experience level req 03/05/2016 12:12 AM CST
But apparently the foraged wood worked... Or was he using foraged wood in the society? I did assume when he said he was using balsa that he meant society bought balsa.

Re: work orders - experience level req 03/05/2016 01:49 AM CST
>>Or was he using foraged wood in the society?

It sounds like he was using foraged wood in the Society as well.

To the OP: Material quality is a factor in how well your product will turn out. If it is below a certain point (50 I believe) then it will hurt the final quality of the finished item despite your skill.