Composite bow viability 02/09/2016 06:57 PM CST
There is really no reason to use comp bows. The new templates put them in the same place they used to be prior to the shaping release: A novelty with no logical reason to use it.

A non-fest type wood that can be lumberjacked should be released with composite affinity of 100. This would solve the problem since it appears that no woods will have an affinity larger than 95.
Re: Composite bow viability 02/13/2016 08:58 AM CST
>>There is really no reason to use comp bows. The new templates put them in the same place they used to be prior to the shaping release: A novelty with no logical reason to use

I find it hard to agree due to the massive damage multiplier they get. When everyone complains that PvP is a plink fest, you think they'd give harder-hitting weapons a chance...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Composite bow viability 02/13/2016 06:28 PM CST

Hey Kodius, what damage modifier do they get? I may have overlooked that.
Re: Composite bow viability 02/13/2016 07:58 PM CST
Pretty sure he's posted it before, Probably why Raikage made a bow for me before and told me I was best off using that with my zombies. I remember him posting something about it anyway. I don't think it matters much on the DPS factor, but as a guild that uses magic, and has bows in the SOI, such as a WM, it would probably help out a bit to use comp bow.
Re: Composite bow viability 02/13/2016 08:14 PM CST
It scales with the bow's power factor, but is generally around 25-50% more than a shortbow. Not bad for an 2 extra seconds to load.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes