Prev_page Previous 1
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 01:43 AM CDT

Of course just as I do a quick board check before I put my droopy eyes to sleep I find this. Very very cool, very much appreciated.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 01:55 AM CDT
tool storage seems to work

She says, "Feel free to ask me FOR any of these items. You have stored 2 tools with us, and can have a maximum of 1."

can store more than that, but seems to always have a max of 1?

deed books- am I missing something with the registers?

I can't seem to get it to do anything? It sounds like it should work like a book, but otherwise they just seem to be 0 value 1 stone items. study, read, push, pull, rub, push deed with item, etc... and putting an ingot or deed on the counter doesn't seem to be it.kl

Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 02:06 AM CDT
Fixed the deed books, they're taken care of.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 02:14 AM CDT
everything seems to work great!

storage and retrieval of tools and deeds, I even torched register and worked fine!

I didn't check to see if tools can be retrieved at another repair place though.

thanks again everyone, awesome!!

Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 02:25 AM CDT
The registers are soooo nice! Easy to use and adding notes is a great addition! Thanks GM's!

On the "FAQ" section of the post though, it mentions that these can be found in all the Society buildings. I did have to run up to Crossing to get my register though, neither the Shard Forging or Shard Alchemy halls have counters or repair clerks. Absolutely worth the trip for the register, but we won't be able to use the tool storage option yet in Shard...

~Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 02:34 AM CDT
To repeat:

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 02:36 AM CDT
The generic "clerks" are missing a look. They also don't respond to "study".
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 03:27 AM CDT
Okay, I notice there's absolutely no response if you try to turn a register book to the page it's already on.

Weapons for Sale:
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 03:34 AM CDT
Oh, and a request:

Would it be possible to add how much is in a deed?

>1 -- a deed for a bronze ingot [209] (workorder --Caraamon)

for example?

Weapons for Sale:
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 06:28 AM CDT
Another request:

Could we get the storage expanded either via LTBs, premium time, or simucoins?

I really appreciate the storage, don't get me wrong, but I have way more than 50. It's an addiction, but with the help of friends, I'm not trying to beat it.

Weapons for Sale:
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 08:33 AM CDT
>Could we get the storage expanded either via LTBs, premium time, or simucoins?

Maybe this could be a prestige perk? Every 'rank' up of prestige, you get an extra 5 or 10 slots. If you drop in prestige, you don't lose the deeds, but you can't add new ones until you are back down to the correct amount for your prestige tier. Think vaults when you downgrade from Premium to Standard...

~Kythryn
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 11:18 AM CDT
>>Absolutely worth the trip for the register, but we won't be able to use the tool storage option yet in Shard...

I'll look into it. Right now, they're only in Crossing and Theren.

>>The generic "clerks" are missing a look. They also don't respond to "study".
Okay, I notice there's absolutely no response if you try to turn a register book to the page it's already on.

This is fixed

>>Maybe this could be a prestige perk? Every 'rank' up of prestige, you get an extra 5 or 10 slots. If you drop in prestige, you don't lose the deeds, but you can't add new ones until you are back down to the correct amount for your prestige tier. Think vaults when you downgrade from Premium to Standard..
>>Could we get the storage expanded either via LTBs, premium time, or simucoins?

Consider this the starting limit. We have a few ways to increase this storage size in mind :).

>>Would it be possible to add how much is in a deed?

Nope, that's what the note is for. Not all deedable things have amounts. For instance, you can deed partial components (like furniture legs and whatnot).

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 11:37 AM CDT
Socharis,

I think I'm in love.

THANK YOU!!!!!

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 12:06 PM CDT
I'm reading about these changes on break, haven't had access to DR to go try them out.
They sound amazing though.

With tool storage, you mentioned being if multiple tools match the description you'll get all the tools back in a sack & you can use that same sack to turn the tools back in.
No idea if this is possible, but curious if we could somehow label our tools or categorize them.. and ask clerk for "label" to get the tools in that group.
..or when analyzing a tool, doesn't it tell you what crafts it is used in? Could you "ask clerk for alchemy" to get any tools used in alchemy in a sack at once?

No problem if not. Retrieving them one at a time won't be an issue.

Thanks again for the hard work.
Good to hear that 50 items is a base amount, too.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 12:21 PM CDT
>>Could you "ask clerk for alchemy"

This is probably the most likely option. I'll think about ways to make this happen, because getting all of the tools for a specific crafting type is a useful thing.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 04:30 PM CDT
Thank you so much for this. This will make switching between hunting and crafting modes so much easier!

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 05:32 PM CDT
Ha! i think my item count can get below 400!

Wonderous, thank you so much.

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 05:43 PM CDT
>>Ha! i think my item count can get below 400!

That's a lie and you know it :-D

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 05:52 PM CDT
This is an amazing change and I just was able to put 34 deeds in my new register, thank you!

With the tools, is it 10 total at all crafting societies? I didn't see that question asked so far.
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 06:02 PM CDT
>>With the tools, is it 10 total at all crafting societies? I didn't see that question asked so far.

Yep. The storage is global.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 06:29 PM CDT
so will every society have a storage clerk?
and again, awesome!
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 06:58 PM CDT
>>so will every society have a storage clerk?

Eventually, yep.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 09:18 PM CDT
I know this is REALLY minor, but could we get TAP and PUSH to work with registers and deeds the same way packets work with storage items (push to store, tap to retrieve)?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 09:23 PM CDT
Clerks in the Riverhaven societies (Alchemy, Forging, Outfitting) are working off of Kronars instead of Lirums. The named (Engineering) is still in Lirums.

They also seem to be the 'same'. When running from Outfitting to Forging, the FIRST give to the clerk in Forging, treated as if it was the second.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 09:38 PM CDT
>>I know this is REALLY minor, but could we get TAP and PUSH to work with registers and deeds the same way packets work with storage items (push to store, tap to retrieve)?

I'll consider this. I don't want to completely invalidate the deed packets without careful consideration. Additionally, the functionality is very different - you're essentially suggesting merging the functionality of the two items, which isn't what we've done so far. Deeds are important for trading the deed with other people (without holding the item itself).

>>They also seem to be the 'same'. When running from Outfitting to Forging, the FIRST give to the clerk in Forging, treated as if it was the second.

Yep, if you try really hard you can make the system do that. Since there aren't any ill effects, it'll probably stay that way.

>>Clerks in the Riverhaven societies (Alchemy, Forging, Outfitting) are working off of Kronars instead of Lirums. The named (Engineering) is still in Lirums.

I'll take care of this tonight, good catch.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 09:42 PM CDT
>>I'll consider this. I don't want to completely invalidate the deed packets without careful consideration. Additionally, the functionality is very different - you're essentially suggesting merging the functionality of the two items, which isn't what we've done so far. Deeds are important for trading the deed with other people (without holding the item itself).

I just meant push to put a deed in and tap to take a deed out so they use the same syntax. :-)

>>Yep, if you try really hard you can make the system do that. Since there aren't any ill effects, it'll probably stay that way.

Any chance of moving the existing named ones to the same system then?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 09:42 PM CDT
> I'll consider this. I don't want to completely invalidate the deed packets without careful consideration. Additionally, the functionality is very different - you're essentially suggesting merging the functionality of the two items, which isn't what we've done so far. Deeds are important for trading the deed with other people (without holding the item itself).

I think you've misunderstood the request. It looks like he was asking that "push deed with register" be synonymous with "put deed in register". Similarly, "tap register" instead of "pull register".
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 09:44 PM CDT
Also, I hope these requests don't come off as too demanding. I just like consistency.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Crafting Storage - I Think I Broke Something 08/08/2013 09:44 PM CDT
I love love LOVE the new register and storage systems that were just released. Huge thank you's to everyone involved! We've been needing storage for crafting supplies for so long. I do four crafts, so you can imagine how desparate I've been for these systems to be released!

Sadly, I think I broke some things:

1. I asked the clerk for a large sack prior to storing any tools so that I could just put them all in the sack he uses and give them to him that way as the placard instructs. Sadly, the large sack is 3X3X3 with a 200 stone limit, and almost all of my crafting tools have much large dimensions in terms of length and/or width, so I was not able to turn most of them in all at once. Not a big deal, but since the placard says if we save the sack the clerk uses that we can store tools all at once by putting them all in there again, that's not actually true for a lot of the crafting tools due to size.

2. I then gave several items one at a time to the clerk then asked for them back. I grabbed out my tongs and tried to stuff them back in, hoping the sack would still hold it since the clerk knew how to make it fit, but no. I then put the sack with the other three tools on the counter to store them, and ended up wearing an empty large sack!! By the end of testing things out, I was wearing three large sacks, all empty, and INVFIX would not remove them nor could I. GH Aesei came to my rescue and removed all the sacks, but um...this is not a good feature. Can someone please look into this so we can use the system without being covered in large sacks?

Thanks for the new systems and for tweaking the quirks out of it! I too vote for an increase in tool storage capacity since I do all four available crafts right now and would love to be able to store them all when I'm not needing them.

Shenae
Re: Crafting Storage 08/08/2013 11:14 PM CDT
>>I just meant push to put a deed in and tap to take a deed out so they use the same syntax. :-)

Ahh, I see. Fair enough. Done. It's not reflected in the STUDY because it's more backwards compatible than anything, but it works now :).

>> Sadly, the large sack is 3X3X3 with a 200 stone limit, and almost all of my crafting tools have much large dimensions in terms of length and/or width, so I was not able to turn most of them in all at once. Not a big deal, but since the placard says if we save the sack the clerk uses that we can store tools all at once by putting them all in there again, that's not actually true for a lot of the crafting tools due to size.

I've increased the dimensions on the bag, but made them unwearable.

>>Can someone please look into this so we can use the system without being covered in large sacks?

Fixed

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 12:41 AM CDT
Hate to be a pain, but you get no response from the game if you try to TAP or PULL a register while it's not in your hands.

Weapons for Sale:
Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 12:52 AM CDT
>>>>I just meant push to put a deed in and tap to take a deed out so they use the same syntax. :-)

>>Ahh, I see. Fair enough. Done. It's not reflected in the STUDY because it's more backwards compatible than anything, but it works now :).

Not to be a jerk about it, but does the old syntax still work, too? I was used to put and pull because of how compendiums work (right?).

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 12:52 AM CDT
>>Hate to be a pain, but you get no response from the game if you try to TAP or PULL a register while it's not in your hands.

Hmm, I do:
>tap reg
You tap a deed register inside your sturdy backpack.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 01:12 AM CDT
>>Not to be a jerk about it, but does the old syntax still work, too? I was used to put and pull because of how compendiums work (right?).

Yep nothing's been removed. The deed-consistent verbs have been added but aren't documented in the STUDY.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 01:38 AM CDT
>Hmm, I do:

>pull reg
>pull reg
>tap reg
>tap reg
>read reg
>
You'll need to pick that up to read the it.

Not sure why it's doing that for me, but not you. I get no reponse. Killed all my ignores, so that's not it.

Weapons for Sale:
Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 01:43 AM CDT
Yeah, that's really weird. I'll dig more tomorrow.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 03:13 PM CDT
The clerks are still a little wonkey when they repair:

You hand clerk 26 Lirums and he gives you back a repair ticket. clerk says, "I should be having that done for you in about 1 roisaen. Don't lose this ticket! You must have it to reclaim your hammer."

You hand clerk your ticket and are handed back a steel ball-peen hammer.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 04:39 PM CDT
Yeah this is a larger problem, unfortunately. I'll tackle it soonish.

--

Re: Crafting Storage 08/09/2013 05:37 PM CDT
Also, the sacks you get when asking for them are resized, but when you ask for all your tools back, they're still the original size.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Crafting Storage 08/18/2013 01:59 AM CDT
How can I turn my register to the next available open spot?

It gets really tedious trying to keep track of what is open and what you just filled. I thought I saw something about it, but nothing I have tried works.

Also, when you read the register, could we see what page number we are on? Rocks are going to be responsible for me renting a padded room one day...

- - -
~Dreamheart Delaevan Forestwolf
Broken Bard since January 19, 2013 - 2 Dolefaren 407
Prev_page Previous 1