Tailored Armor Repair Issue 03/26/2013 11:13 AM CDT
Not sure if the messaging shouldn't exist or if its just a problem with the release. When repairing leather armor you get the message

rub cowl with slick
You rub and press the slickstone along the thick cowl and smooth it back into a usable state, completing the repair work.
Roundtime: 8 sec.
Your excellent training in the ways of tailroed armor repair will keep this armor free from wear for the next 8 anlaen.

Though the armor is still taking damage and not resistant to it at all. As well, tailroed is typo'd.
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 03/26/2013 12:37 PM CDT
I'm going to add that it's been posted elsewhere that we're see the damage resistance not applying to other types of repair as well. Tools seem to get it, but forged armor definitely doesn't and I believe forged weapons don't either.

Chatter[Sava] well I bled all night and didn't become diseased
Chatter[Tincan] That's what she said?
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 03/27/2013 01:21 AM CDT
Ok...

Fixed the typo.

Probably fixed the armor damage protection. Hopefully didn't break anything in the process :P

You sohuld now be able to repair sewing needles once again.

Let me know if anything goes whacky please!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 03/27/2013 02:05 AM CDT
Did this hit TF yet or do we need to wait until Thursday? The forged armor repair thing has been a hot issue, so we're eager to test it.

Chatter[Sava] well I bled all night and didn't become diseased
Chatter[Tincan] That's what she said?
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 03/27/2013 08:08 AM CDT
Only in Prime so far. I'll release it everywhere in a day or two when things allow.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 03/27/2013 09:54 AM CDT

Would it be possible to apply the same information for repaired armor/weapons as tools?

ana need
You analyze every minute detail of the sewing needles and smile knowingly to yourself.
This appears to be a crafting tool and they are in pristine condition.
Used with thread to sew together fabrics and leather.
The workmanship is masterfully-crafted.
Assessing the needles's durability, you determine they are rather flimsy and easily damaged.
About 3 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
This tool looks recently cleaned and will resist damage for a time.
This tool appears to be exceptionally effective at increasing crafting speed.
This appears to be the work of someone with the initial "A.".
The metal appears to have been slowly tempered to improve its durability.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

R> ana glove
You analyze every minute detail of the thick gloves and smile knowingly to yourself.
These appear to be a type of finished leather armor that are masterfully-crafted.
The gloves are an easy piece to make.
It was made by someone with abilities close to your own skill.
You find it impossible to identify who crafted this item.
The material appears to have been sealed with wax to improve its durability.
Careful cuts and fitted seams indicate this armor was lightened to reduce its weight.
Roundtime: 10 sec.
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 03/28/2013 04:38 PM CDT

<<Probably fixed the armor damage protection. Hopefully didn't break anything in the process :P

Still broken though I haven't found anything else broken yet.
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 06/01/2013 01:43 PM CDT
The issue of repaired/protected tailored armor not actually being protected from damage hasn't been discussed since 3/29/13, but it is still a problem.

My husband, who has the proper leather repair techs, repaired and protected my targe before we went hunting. We hunted for approximately and hour and 15 minutes, but before we were done, I appraised my targe and saw that it was down to mint condition. Once we were out of combat, he was able to repair it again, once again getting the message that it will remain protected for 8 anlaen.

I know you're slammed, Kodius, and this is probably at the bottom of your list, but I wanted you to know it's still not working correctly.

Also, could we please have a way to see on all types of weapons and armor that they are still under protection - I find that messaging on my tools so helpful and wish I could see it on my self-repaired weapons and armor.

Thanks!
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 06/12/2013 02:12 AM CDT
Just a suggestion...make sure the item is fully repaired after each repair attempt. (I.E. App said armor..if it is not fully repaired - repair it again) Depending on the original damage prior to repair..the item may require multiple repairs to restore the item to 99-100%.

"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Taljin
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 06/20/2013 06:58 PM CDT
My tailored targe was fully repaired and then protected from damage for the stated time period, so that is not the problem I am describing. The problem is that the stated protection is not actually happening as the targe is getting damaged well within the protection period; therefore, the tailored armor repair protection is not working as intended.
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 06/20/2013 07:20 PM CDT

Yes the tech is still broken. It has been even after it was "fixed" once. Its on the to do list but not a high priority.
Re: Tailored Armor Repair Issue 06/21/2013 11:52 AM CDT
I tried finding where this was broken last weekend, but ran out of time. I'll try to dig again tomorrow.