Multitasking (Performance bug?) 03/21/2014 01:33 PM CDT
When I try to forage while playing my lyre, I get the "You are a bit too busy performing to do that" message. If I use collect instead, I collect as normal.

I'm assuming this is not intended.

I am also able to enter P1 and P2 Thieves' guilds while playing music out loud (haven't tested other provinces). It seems to me that the manned doors should simply not open to my knocks if I am playing an instrument at the time, and should I use other means to enter the guild, I should be beaten rather severely and denied entry.
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 03/21/2014 02:55 PM CDT
Did you submit a BUG report for either of these? I suspect the former is most certainly a bug but the latter might just be an oversight.

Nikpack
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 03/21/2014 03:11 PM CDT

Yeah I bugged (only) the collect/forage thing in game.
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/02/2014 11:44 PM CDT
I hate you.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/03/2014 10:55 AM CDT
ARGH!
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/03/2014 11:27 AM CDT
Given the general illogic behind what you can and can't do while playing an instrument (let alone how actions are/aren't white/black-listed in general), I always figured it was just that forage was a much older verb than collect vs it being some kind of bug/oversight/etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/03/2014 07:02 PM CDT
Yes, it's no longer possible to collect piles while playing instruments.

The intent seems fairly clear, since foraging is not allowed. Thanks for the bug report! :]

Melete
Events Lead
Advocates Lead
Empath Advocate
S'Kra Mur Race Co-Champion
Lore Developer
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/03/2014 07:18 PM CDT
>Yes, it's no longer possible to collect piles while playing instruments.

It would have been nice to keep this around as a perk until the (required for Bards) performance skill actually does something.

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/03/2014 07:57 PM CDT
>It would have been nice to keep this around as a perk until the (required for Bards) performance skill actually does something.

There's a bunch other things you can train while playing instruments, and numerous methods to train perception, so I don't really see it as a huge loss. I train appraisal for example, since assessing instruments works so well for that.
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/03/2014 08:01 PM CDT
Probably made more sense when I was using hum while collecting things pre-3.0, anyway.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/03/2014 10:52 PM CDT
:(

Another nail in the coffin.

GENT
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/04/2014 12:56 PM CDT
No kidding. As if training instruments wasn't painful enough as is.

<sarcasm>Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.</sarcasm>

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Multitasking (Performance bug?) 04/08/2014 03:41 PM CDT

The logic behind this is that if your playing an instrument your hands are to full to search for things. I present one handed instruments like the txistu. A txistu is traditionally played one handed as the player is also playing a drum. Since i am not, I should be able to forage or collect. I think this block on the verb needs to be on and instrument by instrument basis.