Weather proof instruments? 02/21/2013 10:33 PM CST
Anyone have a list of a few very easy, weather proof instruments I could pick up? I don't really care what flavor, just something I could learn from at 15ish ranks, and won't crap out in the rain. 1-handed, 2-handed, 2-handed-and-a-tail, doesn't really matter.

Pants.
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/21/2013 10:37 PM CST
Whiskey jug or stamping stick, both found in Hib.
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 07:33 AM CST
Stamping sticks make me think of stumpf fiddles. That makes me happy.

Nikpack
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 07:46 AM CST
I normally use an Ocarina at low levels. It can get water logged but it doesn't get damaged and if you shake it every once in awhile while it's raining the water won't affect it at all.
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 09:39 AM CST
My ocarina got rained on and 5 minutes later it was giving the 'damage makes your instrument harder to play' messaging. So...it does matter?

Pants.
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 09:42 AM CST
I've been using silver spoons from Ratha. Fairly easy, weather-proof, and one handed.
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 10:38 AM CST
>>My ocarina got rained on and 5 minutes later it was giving the 'damage makes your instrument harder to play' messaging. So...it does matter?

Well it's never happened to me, like I said though, I shake it to keep the water off it.
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 10:41 AM CST
One of the fests sold a metal txistu.

Spoons and metal zills have always been my all-weather choices since my bard prefers percussion.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 11:28 AM CST
>>Spoons and metal zills have always been my all-weather choices since my bard prefers percussion.

Do weatherproof items still message that they're being rained/snowed on, wet from being in water, etc? The copper zills you can get from the Riverhaven peddler have been displaying those messages for me since forever.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/22/2013 09:33 PM CST
>.Do weatherproof items still message that they're being rained/snowed on, wet from being in water, etc? The copper zills you can get from the Riverhaven peddler have been displaying those messages for me since forever.

Yes. And getting weather on them makes them clog up and need cleaning much quicker, which is the "difficult to play" message. They don't sustain permanent damage like normal instruments though.

Weatherproof items including:

*whiskey jug (Boar Clan)
*stamping stick (Boar Clan)
*silver spoons (Ratha)
*any type of metal zills (few places)

Tons of fest instruments are weatherproof as well. Most metal things, and everything I've ever seen that's glass or crystal.
Re: Weather proof instruments? 02/23/2013 01:06 PM CST

Whiskey Jug is sold in Hibarnvhidar, I think the stamping stick is too.
Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen