Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 06:23 PM CST
Right now,

Available Song types (from easiest to hardest):
scales (ruff), arpeggios (rudiments), ditty, folk, ballad, waltz, lullaby, march, jig, lament, wedding, hymn, rumba, polka, battle, reel, elegy, serenade, minuet, psalm, dirge, gavotte, tango, tarantella, bolero, nocturne, requiem, fantasia, rondo, aria, sonata, and concerto.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you add in one more song that's a step more difficult than a concerto? At 1550 ranks even a masterful concerto is realllly slowing down exp wise :(

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 06:37 PM CST
>>If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you add in one more song that's a step more difficult than a concerto? At 1550 ranks even a masterful concerto is realllly slowing down exp wise

I don't see any harm in it of course, but what does it matter? You are only required 1520 performance for circle 200, and the skill as of yet has no practical purpose anyways.
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 06:40 PM CST
Couldn't you swap to a harder instrument? Of course, I 3/4 assume you're using the hardest one you can find already.

Pants.
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 07:23 PM CST
> Couldn't you swap to a harder instrument?

At those ranks, masterful concerto won't teach well on even the hardest instruments.

> I don't see any harm in it of course, but what does it matter?

A skill should remain reasonably trainable at all ranks? The expectation is that there will eventually be uses for it.
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 08:40 PM CST
>>A skill should remain reasonably trainable at all ranks? The expectation is that there will eventually be uses for it.

Up to the circle cap, which he is at.
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 08:43 PM CST
> Up to the circle cap, which he is at.

Up to the skill cap, which he isn't at.
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 08:44 PM CST
>>Up to the circle cap, which he is at.

Shouldn't that read, up to the skill cap?

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 08:47 PM CST
>>Up to the skill cap, which he isn't at.

Skill cap is an entirely theoretical hard limit that constantly changes and never has any real bearing on present content. He's entitled to content up to the circle cap, which is the current limit of concrete, promised development, which he is now at.

Of course, I suppose skill cap might not be theoretical very long at the rate he learns.
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 02/12/2013 09:26 PM CST
>>Skill cap is an entirely theoretical hard limit

Not even close. It's 1750 ranks. Period.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Harder PLAY Songs 05/05/2013 11:56 PM CDT
Or play two songs at once. Maybe at 1000 ranks, 60 agility and 60 charisma.

This is what ragtime piano is, right? I might be wrong, I don't play piano.

I recall a program featuring the MRI scan of a person that could keep three songs going in his head simultaneously.

I also remember an (NPR?) program of a pianist that would embed one song within another and the contestant had to guess both songs. I think the contest I heard featured "Happy Birthday" set into some Bach piece.