Ilomba 08/02/2016 12:10 PM CDT
Anyone have any thoughts for what this lumber is good for as far as crafting goes? I thought maybe I was missing something when looking at the stats and didn't want to experiment with it if I don't have too...

A deed for an ilomba limb reads:

Wood Properties

Quality: 94 (very high quality)
Amount: 3
Hardness: 40 (somewhat soft)
Stiffness: 35 (quite elastic)
Bend Strength: 40 (somewhat good at resisting rupture)
Shortbow Affinity: 15 (terrible affinity for making)
Longbow Affinity: 20 (very poor affinity for making)
Composite Bow Affinity: 60 (good affinity for making)
Durability: 20 (dismal durability)
Workability: 30 (difficult to work with)
Re: Ilomba 08/02/2016 12:20 PM CDT

Alterations.
Re: Ilomba 08/02/2016 04:22 PM CDT
Enchanting?

seems kind like Redwood or Kapok
not really sure what they are for, other than alterations. Perhaps not everything out there was intended to have a crafting use (yet?) even if its a craftable material

that aside Redwood does make halfway decent work order wood for getting a nice payout

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Ilomba 08/02/2016 05:27 PM CDT
>>Perhaps not everything out there was intended to have a crafting use (yet?) even if its a craftable material

The crafting system offers more than combat gear. Not everything is necessarily meant to be the new go-to weapon/armor material (also they probably all can't be that, either!).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Ilomba 08/17/2016 11:14 PM CDT
Speaking of ilomba... I found some a while back in Prime due to the bug. Should I just ditch it?

- Navesi
Re: Ilomba 08/17/2016 11:39 PM CDT
I have about 20 volume or so from the bug as well. I'll hang on to it simply because it might be useful eventually.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Ilomba 08/20/2016 12:47 AM CDT
>>I have about 20 volume or so from the bug as well. I'll hang on to it simply because it might be useful eventually.

I was more asking, "is it mechanics abuse to keep this since it was spawned by a bug?" :)

- Navesi
Re: Ilomba 09/12/2016 11:39 PM CDT
I wouldn't worry about keeping it. Please let me know if it ever happens again, I've added even more checks to prevent it....

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes