Racial axes 03/19/2016 11:39 AM CDT
In June I asked about the shh'oi'ata (S'kra greataxe) being usable in lumberjacking. I would like to expand upon this and put the idea forward again to include all racial axe nouns. A quick search shows that Elves have palta, Rakash have cirvi, and S'kra have ata, there may be others. Could we please have these nouns and any others added for our tree choppin fun times, if possible?
Re: Racial axes 03/19/2016 07:00 PM CDT
You also got "kidak" in Toggish, "raz" (axe) or "raztlika" (greataxe) in Gorbesh, "batar" in Gerenshuge, "sisk" in Gamgweth, "bardh" (axe) or "mowrkbardh" (woodaxe) or "bulbardh" (woodaxe) in Haakish, "hubefa" (axe) in Prydaen. You're probably going to want "sanfalais palta" (forester's axe) from Ilithic to clarify it's not for combat, since palta by itself means battleaxe.
Re: Racial axes 03/19/2016 07:10 PM CDT
I'd love it if I could chop with my shh'oi'ata as well.

I don't know if it's necessary to add every possible translation. It would be nice if axe nouns that existed all worked though.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Racial axes 03/19/2016 11:55 PM CDT
Yeah probably not, there they are in case somebody wants to look up if any exist, though
Re: Racial axes 04/17/2016 02:35 PM CDT
Many racial axes will be added once Tinkering is out. I've just been delayed due to QC fixes and my RL being a bit busy this month.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Racial axes 04/17/2016 03:36 PM CDT
>>>> You're probably going to want "sanfalais palta" (forester's axe) from Ilithic to clarify it's not for combat, since palta by itself means battle-axe.

Although I agree in principle, all of the axes currently usable for lumberjacking are also weapons. Why would a palta work differently?