Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 12/11/2015 03:09 PM CST
>You are certain that ilomba trees can be harvested here.

I couldn't find it on epedia. Anyone know what its properties are? The room already had hunters in it, so I wasn't able to harvest any. After my circuit I went back, but the room was empty and the trees had already changed to something else.
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 12/11/2015 03:40 PM CST

Pretty sure it's a bug when this appears, and bad things happen if you try to harvest it. Not familiar with the details but I've seen this discussed before.
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 12/11/2015 03:45 PM CST
Thank you, I wasn't considering it could be a bug.
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 12/22/2015 08:33 PM CST

Another wood popped up this month, it was harvested, cut, and brought to me to carve. No issues.

So I'm thinking new woods have been added.

Harvest those puppies and lets see a deed! :)

~D

- - -
~Dreamheart Delaevan Forestwolf
Singing since before the Guild was restored.
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 12/22/2015 09:41 PM CST
A few days ago I went ahead and harvested some ilomba wood despite the dire warning. It let me cut it down fine but wouldn't let me process into lumber. I was bummed out.
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 12/22/2015 11:17 PM CST
I've spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to prevent the new wood from spawning. If you see any more can you please post/email/bug with where it was occurring at?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 12/22/2015 11:35 PM CST
Certainly, I'll be happy to help.
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 01/05/2016 02:20 AM CST
Kodius, I found some ilomba a few days ago with my moon mage. It was in the Whistling Wood, the Adan'f mages forest area south of Shard. In this room:

[Whistling Wood, Barrows]
Barren branches hang low over the path, brushing the top of an earthen mound. A few stones lie scattered about the ground, breaking the monotony of dead earth. The stench of death and decay fills the air, coming from several holes in the earthen mound. You also see an Adan'f blood warrior.
Obvious paths: east, northwest.

Not knowing what it was, I did harvest it and process it into lumber (both of which worked fine). I will refrain from doing anything with it or releasing any details about it until I hear more from you.

- Navesi
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 03/03/2016 04:04 PM CST
>>DR-KODIUS: If you see any more can you please post/email/bug with where it was occurring at?

Is this still a bug that Ilomba wood is spawning? I ran across some today in the Forest of Night.

[Forest of Night, Outer Woods]
Thick layers of leaves and sweeping boughs choke back the light, murdering it with a wild, terrible beauty. A dense wall of trunks block any further passage south, while to the northeast a painstakingly cleared path leads into the gloom of the forest.
Obvious paths: northeast.

>watch forest
You look at the forest around you.
You see evidence of mature trees and are certain a good number remains to be found.
Studying the forest, you are certain that continued lumberjacking will be quite safe.
This area contains a tropical forest.
You are certain that ilomba trees can be harvested here.
Loggers stand ready to trade wood in for deeds. Just PUSH any lumberjacked wood, and they'll take care of the rest.
Roundtime: 12 sec.
Re: Is Anyone Familiar With This Wood? 03/03/2016 06:12 PM CST
it appears to be, I found some Ramin lumber south of shard in steeds.

When I found it something looked over me from above so I figured they are tracking this?

just for info, here it is

A deed for some ramin lumber reads:
"The bearer of this deed may tap it while inside of a crafting hall to have it traded for the material indicated. This service is provided within the confines of the Crafting Societies due to the great size and difficulty with moving these materials."

A detailed report of the item's properties are listed on the deed:

Crafted Item Properties

Quality: 98 (of outstanding quality)

Wood Properties

Quality: 98 (nearly perfect)
Amount: 35
Hardness: 40 (somewhat soft)
Stiffness: 60 (rather stiff)
Bend Strength: 30 (not very good at resisting rupture)
Shortbow Affinity: 75 (very good affinity for making)
Longbow Affinity: 90 (incredible affinity for making)
Composite Bow Affinity: 20 (very poor affinity for making)
Durability: 75 (good durability)
Workability: 35 (difficult to work with)

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.