Axe repair 11/29/2015 02:57 PM CST
So within a week of the release of lumberjacking I decided to have one of my toons harvest some trees. This particular toon has repair techniques for tools. I could not repair the axe so in turn I had one of my other toons with weapon repair techniques repair the axe. This worked so then I set out to find some lumber worth cutting down. I stumbled upon mistwood and my axe would not function.

Performed an assist and was told this was a bug and the GM/GMs in the background fixed the axe so that I could harvest the mistwood. The following day however I repaired the axe again with weapon repair techniques and again my axe was unable to chop lumber. After the second assist over this was told that the GMs were aware of this bug and had people looking into it. The axe was again forced into submission and was advised to just take it to the repair shops for the time being.

My question is has this been looked into/resolved? I have been fairly patient so far having any axe used for lumberjacking repaired at shops despite having multiple toons who have techniques to repair them.
Re: Axe repair 11/29/2015 05:03 PM CST
Some quick questions, since I don't think this is something everyone is experiencing (I personally haven't and didn't hear of anyone else saying they have, at least):

1) Is it one axe or all axes
2) What commands are you using

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Axe repair 11/29/2015 06:31 PM CST
> 1) Is it one axe or all axes

All weapon type axes. Repairing worked fine at a repair shop. Could not repair with tool repair techniques. Could repair with weapon repair techs and the same toon has tool repair techniques as well.

2) What commands are you using

mainly i use chop tree.
The first day I was able to use chop tree with my axe and get around whatever was happening. The following day this work around was no longer working.

I have logs on another machine but it needs some serious help before I can get them off of it.

Basically what was going on is that repairing by a player, which granted immunity from damage for a period of time, would leave the axe in a repaired state. However would get an error that the axe was damaged and prevented chopping.

> I don't think this is something everyone is experiencing (I personally haven't and didn't hear of anyone else saying they have, at least

As stated I reported this shortly after release and have since just not done any harvesting of wood. It may have already been fixed but I have not seen any post claiming it was done. My reasoning for asking is to get confirmation in order to respect the GMs request that I just use the repair shop and to avoid having to assist to get my axe fixed again.
Re: Axe repair 11/29/2015 08:10 PM CST
>>As stated I reported this shortly after release and have since just not done any harvesting of wood.

It might not hurt to check to see if things are working now. Worst-case scenario and you would be exactly where you currently are in terms of being able to chop wood.

>>As stated I reported this shortly after release and have since just not done any harvesting of wood. It may have already been fixed but I have not seen any post claiming it was done.

I'd definitely try it out, then. GMs don't often post updates like "I fixed this" unless it was something happening that a notable population of the game was experiencing. Only time I personally see GMs going "X was fixed" in-game was if the GM is around when the bug was reported and it was fixed while that player was around, and I don't often see GMs post forum updates to in-game reported bugs unless they're big things.

>>My reasoning for asking is to get confirmation in order to respect the GMs request that I just use the repair shop and to avoid having to assist to get my axe fixed again.

Makes total sense, but if you didn't go wood chopping for months and other players haven't reported the bug happening, it's probably resolved.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Axe repair 12/01/2015 02:38 PM CST
I don't do much logging but when I do I repair my greataxe with weaponsmithing repair techniques every time I clear a room. No problems chopping.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Axe repair 12/01/2015 08:47 PM CST

Thanks, I have been tied up with combat req's and goals that I had set so haven't had time to chop trees yet, but I do plan on getting around to it soon.