Aboreal Enlightenment Tech, can it be tweeaked? 07/07/2015 05:41 PM CDT

Can this tech be looked at? It says it is supposed to increase the chance of rare wood drops.

I've been lumberjacking non stop and have only gotten one random drop and it was rosewood. One stick.

The other techs in that skill tree appear to be just lacking a little. Chances of danger do not seem any less than before having the tech. And the RT for prepping lumber doesn't seem really that better.

Anyone else have opinions on this?
Re: Aboreal Enlightenment Tech, can it be tweeaked? 07/07/2015 06:14 PM CDT
Ditto. Feel the urge to drop them often.

Re: Aboreal Enlightenment Tech, can it be tweeaked? 07/07/2015 11:43 PM CDT

The fact that there are 3 techs for this makes the fact that they don't seem to do that much all the more painful :(

So I am all in favor of either significantly increasing the perks.. or pruning some of the branches. ;)

If having all 3 allowed you to get masterwork quality lumber from the crafting hall saws... it would be worth it just for the time reduction. (but it doesn't currently)
Re: Aboreal Enlightenment Tech, can it be tweeaked? 07/11/2015 08:19 PM CDT
I'll put this on my list of things to look into.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Aboreal Enlightenment Tech, can it be tweeaked? 09/08/2015 02:27 PM CDT
Any news on this Kodius?

I'd also like to second the idea of these 3 techs allowing you to use the table saws to get masterful lumber.
Re: Aboreal Enlightenment Tech, can it be tweeaked? 09/08/2015 05:17 PM CDT
>>I'd also like to second the idea of these 3 techs allowing you to use the table saws to get masterful lumber.

I think that is unlikely because the 3 techniques would be so easy to get and use on an alt for quick/easy lumber refining.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Aboreal Enlightenment Tech, can it be tweeaked? 09/12/2015 02:45 AM CDT
If you're worried about alts, maybe make it skill based and tech based?

IE: you have all 3 techs and only 75 ranks, you get a 5% bonus to the quality outcome using the table saw. Have 500 ranks, you get a 75% boost. Something like that, you can fiddle with the ranks and percentages to your own liking.