Lumberjacking and Perception 06/29/2015 03:17 AM CDT
OK small observation I noticed today.

I was going to cut some wood then mine up some iron when I noticed something odd.

After clearing about ten good groves to completely empty(watching forest careful) I was only dabbling in perception yet mind locked in outdoors ...thought nothing of it.

Then I went mining and locked both in two areas.

Seems to be a problem with lumberjacking perception learning OR mining needs a down tweak.
Re: Lumberjacking and Perception 06/30/2015 01:16 AM CDT
The number of dangers you avoid and the amount of rooms you prospect/watch make a difference in perception.

Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a book of apprentice carving instructions, you are certain that the dire bear is a truly skilled opponent.
Re: Lumberjacking and Perception 06/30/2015 07:23 AM CDT
So, watching a forest every 10-15 seconds for 35-40 minutes in 10 or so rooms = dabbling perception lumberjacking?

While, Prospecting every 10-15 seconds over 3-5 minutes in 2 rooms = mind locked perception is good balance?

Try again.
Re: Lumberjacking and Perception 07/01/2015 07:32 PM CDT
I'll look into this when time allows. I suspect it has to do with mining having stone and metals to identify, while lumberjacking only has wood.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Lumberjacking and Perception 07/01/2015 07:42 PM CDT

Thanks Kodius.

As always you are quickly on top of things.