Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/23/2015 10:23 AM CDT
I have been trying to do some lumberjacking and am having difficulty keeping my hands on my harvestings. First I tried chopping all the limbs off a tree before processing them, but they kept rolling away etc. before I could get to them. Then I tried picking up/lowering each one after chopping so they were accumulated at my feet. This allowed me to accumulate 2 trees' worth of raw wood and then process them in an assembly line fashion (sawed them all, then scraped them all to lumber). Unfortunately when I finished the last one I discovered that all of my lumber stacks had silently vanished before I could stack them all together. I will try stacking them as I go along next time but I am wondering if that was even supposed to happen. If so could we at least get messaging? Thank you! Generally speaking the lumberjacking (I agree it should really be "logging") is fun.
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/23/2015 10:35 AM CDT
I'd recommend finding an Outfitter or Trader with a khaddar backpack/haversack. They hold a lot of weight and will allow you to put the lumber/wood on your person instead of the ground. Anything on the ground is subject to the janitor so it's best not to put anything there that you want to keep.
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/23/2015 11:08 AM CDT
> a khaddar

The type of fabric does not matter when looking at crafted containers, all that does matter is the thickness and how well made the final product is. Silk is generally a better choice because the final product weighs less due to silk having a lower density.

You say to Tathalus, "Have you ever tried to clean a troll den? The smell sticks around for years to come."
Liev says, "That is my cue to leave."
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/23/2015 11:22 AM CDT
>>The type of fabric does not matter when looking at crafted containers, all that does matter is the thickness and how well made the final product is. Silk is generally a better choice because the final product weighs less due to silk having a lower density.

You sure? I have a fine bourde and fine faradine haversack (both master-crafted) and the bourde haversack is one length longer in capacity than the faradine one. Bourde is less dense than faradine. The game is down of course so I can't c/p them right now.

I was under the impression that the less dense material = more capacity but less weight it could hold, and the more dense material = less capacity but more weight it will hold.

If what you say is true everyone would have fine burlap haversacks that hold longbows.
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/23/2015 11:49 AM CDT
I believe K has said that for common materials, the material doesn't matter beyond fine/heavy. But rarer materials will make better bags.

Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a book of apprentice carving instructions, you are certain that the dire bear is a truly skilled opponent.
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/23/2015 12:06 PM CDT
Gonna bring this discussion over to outfitting folder so to keep on topic here.

You say to Tathalus, "Have you ever tried to clean a troll den? The smell sticks around for years to come."
Liev says, "That is my cue to leave."
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/24/2015 07:56 AM CDT

OK so things you "lower to the ground" as opposed to "drop" are still subject to janitor? I had misunderstood that, I thought stuff at your feet was like being on your person. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/24/2015 08:38 AM CDT
>> OK so things you "lower to the ground" as opposed to "drop" are still subject to janitor? I had misunderstood that, I thought stuff at your feet was like being on your person. Thanks for the clarification.

Wait what? No. Things in your at-feet slot (that you LOWER) are not subject to the janitor.

I

Kneebiter Zhunee just arrived.
R>
Zhunee glances around the room and says, "Someone pull my finger."
R>
Kneebiter Zhunee runs west.
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/24/2015 09:50 AM CDT
Yea, I didn't realize you lowered the lumber to your feet also. If it disappeared while at your feet then that is a bug.
Re: Lumber/wood going missing from at feet 06/24/2015 07:15 PM CDT
Oh yes, I had left the limbs etc. at my feet and done all the sawing and scraping while it was at my feet there.