Experience 03/18/2015 06:06 PM CDT
I decided to try cutting log. If it going to compete with mining, the experience need to be upped a whole lot. I go mining and I get mindloced. Cut tree and zero.

: (

Zinaca
Re: Experience 03/18/2015 10:16 PM CDT
Yup. This is why it is still in Test :P Once I get a free moment I intend to fix that.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Experience 03/22/2015 01:36 AM CDT
Ok experience should now be working. Also fixed a bug with "a" vs "an" with wood naming.

Would it be possible for someone to update the Elanthipedia page with known bugs? Want to try and power through them over the next few days.

Thanks!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Experience 03/22/2015 02:18 AM CDT
there is no easter egg for singing while lumberjacking.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Experience 03/22/2015 02:20 AM CDT
<<there is no easter egg for singing while lumberjacking.

You're supposed to wear the suspendies and bra in RL.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Experience 03/22/2015 02:47 AM CDT
>>You're supposed to wear the suspendies and bra in RL.

You don't?

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Experience 03/22/2015 07:30 AM CDT
>Ok experience should now be working.

I just cut down a few maple trees in test and still didn't get off clear in any skill.

>Would it be possible for someone to update the Elanthipedia page with known bugs?

I posted my findings two weeks ago in the shaping folder. Caraamon added them here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Crafting_feedback#Engineering

~Engineer Ascot Ryuzzaki, Grayroot of Elanthia
Re: Experience 03/22/2015 12:12 PM CDT
Could you log in so I can see? It is still working fine for me. Oh, and you will only earn experience when you actually produce wood. Much like you only earn mining experience when you produce stone/metal.

Re: Experience 03/22/2015 02:00 PM CDT
Okay I'm getting experience now. Although, I only seem to get experience on the first wood producing chop for each downed tree. I couldn't get a good feel for total exp per room cleared since I got slaughtered by fire ants twice but will try some more testing on that another time.

~Engineer Ascot Ryuzzaki, Grayroot of Elanthia
Re: Experience 03/22/2015 02:23 PM CDT
Yeah all harvesting experience is timer-based. This is to prevent someone from using alts to get a bunch of trees freshly-felled, then mind lock in seconds harvesting the wood from them :P Mining works the same way so it should all be good...

I went through the Engineering list and fixed all but the table-naming bug. Please test and remove them as you see fit. Thanks!

Re: Experience 03/22/2015 05:38 PM CDT
I'm not getting any experience while cleaning up the sticks/branches/logs etc. in test using the saw and drawknife. I learn no Engineering skill.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen