Crafting QoL Improvements 01/02/2021 01:39 PM CST
Hello folks. I just released a pair of small improvements to Prime.

In some situations, for example when forging something from an ingot made by another player, or when tailoring something with cloth spun by another player, the Work Order system wasn't recognizing it as something you had crafted. This has been a tricky bug to fix, but hopefully is now squashed. Please let me know if you see any issues with newly crafted items.

The second addition is improved messaging when failing to use the correct tool, or on the correct item. A classic example is when you have a crucible with molten metal AND an anvil with an unfinished metal item, and go to stoke the fire or add fuel. The system defaults to the crucible first which may not need more fuel. The hope is this will allow folks to better understand where the process is breaking for them. Please let me know if any messaging looks wrong as a result. Several systems "fake" the presence of a tool which could produce some unintended results.

G>push fuel with shovel
The shovel doesn't appear suitable for working on some molten iron.

Thank you!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes