TM Foci 03/17/2017 03:15 AM CDT
Hey folks. With Duskruin coming out we'll be seeing the first TM Foci available for purchase. These will be available when enchanting comes out, I've just not had a block of time off (like I had planned over Christmas) to get it out. Hopefully not too much longer.

TM Foci are intended to provide bonuses TM damage in exchange for not doubling up on ranged/melee damage. You'll invoke it and get an effect bonusing your damage until it leaves your hands. The activation time will vary based on your arcana skill, the grade of the foci and how it was tuned. Much like with forging, I'm trying to provide some dials for players to take advantage of once they are able to enchant these.

It'll take some time to tune the bonus damage, but it'll range from 15-60% to begin with depending on tier, user arcana skill and the type of foci.

An example focus of one :

G>focus staff
You take the staff in your hands and focus carefully upon it.
You sense a matrix formed using lunar mana. The enchantment is very precise. You sense it was enchanted using a gray heavy fount with a rough surface making it minor grade with enhanced durability. You perceive quite thick and perfectly clear lines empowering the enchantment. This enchantment was designed to provide a large damage increase to targeted spells.

For this particular artifact, mana type will determine the activation color.

Precision is how powerful the effect is.

The fount determines the grade and bonused stat. Grade (Minor, Lesser, Greater, Major) determines the arcana needed to activate and use it. Higher grades give additional magnitudes.

Line thickness is the maximum durability. Line clarity is the remaining durability. For now these Foci will be repairable like other metal weapons.

Multiple types of TM Foci will eventually exist. This first type increases raw damage. Some will add a chance to proc different effects. Some will improve mana efficiency, accuracy, and more...

Oh, and some of the Foci will be made of a material capable of hurting constructs in the flex hunting area. Please let me know what you think.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes