Gwethdesuan's and Oh my! 05/27/2020 05:12 AM CDT

Ok I have been testing things to work on a script to make items and since they work I give them out to people to use. One in question is gwethdesuan's. Now there was a post that basically said all gweths were going to be J and K gweths and they would be exactly the same. Then there is this post:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:ESP_2.0_on_11/11/16_-_11/10/2016_-_16:41

In that post it states - Lantholite/Sjatmal/Waermodi/Lasmodi gwethdesuans have been discontinued. You may BREAK them to recover the chain.

It does not state that none of those stones will work to create a gweth. But in fact they do create a gweth. I have tried Waermodi stones and Lasmodi stones and created a well large number of gweths that I have given out and in fact have 116 more waermodi stones on me that will create lets see here 58 more gweths. I did notice however that when you look at them and move them around they look like a STONE GWETHDESUAN. But it has charges and does work just like a normal J or K gweth. Now when you make a J or K gweth using Jadeite and Kyanite stones you get Jadeite and Kyanite gweths. The problem I am hearing is none of those stones were supposed to work to make a gweth yet I bet they all do just like the waermodi and Lasmodi stones do. So is this a bug and if so why do you keep dropping these stones in the treasure system? And why not let them all work just like the J and K gweths? Anyway before I make another 58 of them for younger folks and end up really disappointing folks cuz all of a sudden one day they cease to function. Maybe you should address this in some form? And while I am at it. Why don't we just create new gweth mines or places where gweth stones can be mined. We could stick them in provinces other than Zoluren for instance. Then we could mine our own gweth stones once again! Anyway please let me know if this is a bug and should not have happened so I don't end up making a whole bunch more of them.

Ranger Pfanston and his Soggy pup.
Re: Gwethdesuan's and Oh my! 05/28/2020 11:28 AM CDT
While I don't have an answer to your main set of questions. I feel I can respond to this one:

<< why do you keep dropping these stones in the treasure system?

They're still treasure and can be sold as gems, no? That's why I wouldn't remove them from the treasure system.

Nikpack
Re: Gwethdesuan's and Oh my! 05/28/2020 10:18 PM CDT
Howdy Pfanston!

While writing the new enchanting mechanics I noticed a number of deprecated yet still available stones in the game. Rather than skip support for them (and perhaps be required to add it later), I just added support from the onset since it was easy. I'm not sure any mechanical differences exist at the moment, so if nothing else it provides some adjective diversity for your creations.

I suppose moving them to the mining system might have merit. Was waiting to see if any developments would take place that necessitate making one more common/rare than the other, or perhaps event/geography limited. Perhaps this is something we can look into for the future!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Gwethdesuan's and Oh my! 06/02/2020 10:19 PM CDT
>I suppose moving them to the mining system might have merit.

This would be great. I could just imagine running across the motherlode vein: jadite stone + glaes metal. Would be time to sell it all off and take an extended vacation in Aesry!

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway